Classes starting Fall 2014

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vlsmith  the post was supposed to make me stop freaking out.  I mailed my application July 9th.  I received an email saying they had all my application several weeks later.  I have not heard a word since.  I want to know whether to let it go for this year and start working on next years app or is there still a chance for this year. 

I received an email on dec 10th again stating that they had all of my documents and had begun interviews. It said they would let you know at least 2 weeks prior to an interview if you were invited. I would think that if you have not heard that they aren't considering your application anymore that you may still be invited. Hold out hope because interviews will continue for the next few months! :)

Vlsmith  the post was supposed to make me stop freaking out.  I mailed my application July 9th.  I received an email saying they had all my application several weeks later.  I have not heard a word since.  I want to know whether to let it go for this year and start working on next years app or is there still a chance for this year. 

Remain calm. This is SOP for South, even after you get accepted. You won't hear anything until they send you the email about your interview 2-4 weeks in advance of the date they set. The appropriate time to let it go would be the day after the last interview is held. In the mean time, find something to do that will keep your mind off the wait!

On the South College PA FAQ page it states  " Due to the large volume of applications that we receive every year we are unable to give individual status updates during the application process. Status updates will be given to all applicants by July"

This leads me to believe that we might not get reject letters until July, maybe??

lolWUT? is Organic Chem online enough to keep my mind off the wait?  Always looking to improve the app for next year.....

Yowza. Ochem online? That sounds horrible. 

On the South College PA FAQ page it states  " Due to the large volume of applications that we receive every year we are unable to give individual status updates during the application process. Status updates will be given to all applicants by July"

This leads me to believe that we might not get reject letters until July, maybe??

To my knowledge, they don't send out rejection letters.

Hey Everyone, I am reapplying this year.  I attended the last interview session in May of last year and it was stressful and exciting simultaneously.  I had a great time meeting the faculty, staff, and other students.  Everyone at South is professional and were able to answer questions thoroughly.  I was wait-listed last year, which was kind of a disappointment, but a blessing because I knew I had what it takes to attend PA school.  They told me to get more direct patient care experience.  I have worked as an Emergency Room Scribe since May and have gained almost 2000 hours of direct patient care experience.  I feel I am more prepared to attend PA school this year more than last.  I am looking forward to hopefully being granted an interview and possibly being accepted this year.  I sent my supplemental application three days ago, but I am still waiting on my last letter of recommendation.  If anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to ask. 

I was accepted!

Does anyone know the link to the facebook page?

Congrats!! 

I don't think the Facebook page has been set up for your class yet. you should be contacted when it is. the class ahead of you is working on it. Now go have some fun before you start school! only 8 months to go!

Archived