Classes starting Fall 2014

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

akwillis,

Congrats to you. I hope it went well.

to everyone els,

I wonder when the next interviews will be. Praying for an invite for that round. So guys and gals, when do they tell you if you are rejected? Do you just have to wait til the summer and realize you have not been invited to an interview.

I have another question.  I have a lot of HCE but I have never officially shadowed a PA.  I have good relationships with my personal one but have never been able to have shadow time solidified.  I have spent soooooo much time in my doctor's office; I followed the PA around that way.  I still feel completely confident that this is still my choice of profession.  Is this a big deal???

We are rolling admissions, so they have to keep seats open until the last interview which is normally in April. The class size is generally between 65-70 students. Not everyone who interviews gets in, some get wait listed at the interview or are told that they need to further prepare themselves and to reapply next year. They do tell you on interview day if you are in/waitlisted/or need to reapply. There are many students in my class who were pulled from the wait-list, so no worries if this happens to you. Even class officers, including the Presidents in classes past, have been wait-listed. So just know that it is not the end of the world if this happens. 

calm down! Haha, the wait is the hardest part, I know. I would say that we have 6 or 7 interview sessions, through April. The next one will probably be late in January some time. They generally have 1-2 a month depending on how busy school is at the time and the breaks. But they have already changed things up this year with the earlier interview so who knows how things will go this year. Just enjoy your down time with your family and friends. When you get in, you won't have much of that!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived