frenchy

Classes starting Fall 2014

228 posts in this topic

2 more interviews - 1 in April, 1 in early May

Do you know if invitations have been sent out for these interviews?

Well, if I don't hear anything by next friday, I will be preparing my new application. 

Vlsmith,

I already started mine. 

Vlsmith,

I already started mine. 

I have now too.  I realized that I cut myself short over 3000 hours on patient care.  Oh well.  I'll be better prepared for next time. 

Ltn, 

I don't know if they have or not.  I hear they send invites around 2 weeks prior.  So maybe not. 

I received an interview invitation this morning for May 16. Is anyone on here attending this session?

I just completed the UNE Online O Chem course.  I scored at least a B.  I heard rumors there was a curve, which might bump me to an A.  I had taken this course previously and scored D+.  My question is, should I call South and give them this information?  Should I wait until I get an official grade?  Thanks

Does anyone know if it was stated that today was the final interview for the fall classes? How did the interviews go?

Got the end of the cycle email today.  Time to start over.  AGAIN.  (said with the Forest Gump accent)  AGAIN.

I am sure they have a name for each spot, but they give a while to secure the seat...however, they always pull from the wait-list late in the game. you could be called even in august. so just keep in touch with the school, update them on your progress and let them know that you really want to go there. 

Does anyone know if the acceptance letters have been sent out to those of us on the waiting list? I was told at the April 25th interview that they would be making their decision in the first week of June.

@roadrunner12 I received an email today from admissions telling me that they had not forgotten about me on the waitlist. It also said that they will not finalize their selection until the middle of September.

Those of you who got accepted or on waiting lists, do you mind to disclose your GRE scores? I have taken it once, basically blind with not much prep and got a 292. I intend to take it again. Does anyone have any helpful guidance on the prep materials or courses etc..? Thank you in advance for your responses!

Those of you who got accepted or on waiting lists, do you mind to disclose your GRE scores? I have taken it once, basically blind with not much prep and got a 292. I intend to take it again. Does anyone have any helpful guidance on the prep materials or courses etc..? Thank you in advance for your responses!

This is a good topic to start a new thread and/or search the archives with. I was wait listed and had a GRE score that would depress you, but it hasn't been as big a help as you might think. As for study materials, I have said many times to only use practice tests made by the ETS when it comes to practicing for the verbal portion. You can use company materials for word lists and quantitative practice, but for verbal practice tests, only use the ETS questions, and they've put out publications for several generations of GREs, so there should be a lot of material out there to work with. Even if some of it was designed for past exams, it's still better prep than the books written by prep companies.

For quantitative, Kaplan had a great book made for quantitative that broke everything down by subject and difficulty. Remember that math involves procedural knowledge, just like figure skating and playing the violin, and that procedural knowledge is largely a matter of practice. Your objective should be to do as many challenging practice problems as you can.

In addressing the pre-reqs, was anyone accepted who didn't take Biology II or Chemistry II? (Replaced the Biology II or Chemistry II pre-reqs with a different course?)

Hi all,  I was just accepted to the program!  I hope others will receive the call soon as well!  Good luck!!