Classes starting Fall 2014

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vlsmith,

I submitted it like a week ago. I'm hoping it's not too late and I have a chance at an interview so I'm trying to start preparing now if I'm lucky enough to get one.

I didn't submit my application until February and I am here :) so you are doing great.

Thanks lassibk!

I thought I read that somewhere on the forum but I couldn't find it anymore and it had some information about a study guide. Do you know anything about the study guide for the test?

I did not study for the interview Medterm test. They don't really have much time to look at them before their decision anyway, they use it to gauge how much you need to study before the medterm test that you take when you get in. At orientation for school you are required to take and pass a medterm test before starting the program.

I didn't submit my application until February and I am here :) so you are doing great.

I did not study for the interview Medterm test. They don't really have much time to look at them before their decision anyway, they use it to gauge how much you need to study before the medterm test that you take when you get in. At orientation for school you are required to take and pass a medterm test before starting the program.

Thanks for all the information you are giving me :-). 

do you guys know how strict they are about gpa requirements? mine is pretty low, but i have a master's degree, great LORs, and direct patient care hours/shadowing/volunteering. basically my whole app is great except for the gpa(which i know is a big deal :( )

paying for my mistakes in undergrad to this day :/

i submitted my app today

It seems like they're inviting to those with a 3.4 and above GPA. Do you and your classmates all have a 3.4+ GPA?

It seems like they're inviting to those with a 3.4 and above GPA. Do you and your classmates all have a 3.4+ GPA?

There are people in the 2013 and 2014 class with much less than 3.4 GPA. They look at the whole package.

I agree with Oneal. There are plenty of people in the 2014 class that did not have an undergrad 3.4+ GPA. Also, I am sure there are people in the 2015 class that did not have a 3.4 in undergrad. 

Hey everyone! I am a first year student here at South! The first interview session is this upcoming Friday. There is a medical terminology quiz that you will have to take but do not stress about it they do not base there acceptance offers on it and no matter whether you pass or fail everyone has to retake it the first week of school anyways. So really don't stress about it. The format of the interview is: Sit through a few speeches by faculty, get separated into group in which will consist of 4 students and 3 faculty members, lunch, med term quiz, and then individual interviews. The individual interviews they may just tell you that you are accepted or ask you a few more questions. If you are accept they will notify you during the individual interview and give you a packet with a lot of information. I will be there this Friday to mingle with you all and aster any questions you have. Best of luck and I look forward to meeting some of you! 

Hey everyone! I am a first year student here at South! The first interview session is this upcoming Friday. There is a medical terminology quiz that you will have to take but do not stress about it they do not base there acceptance offers on it and no matter whether you pass or fail everyone has to retake it the first week of school anyways. So really don't stress about it. The format of the interview is: Sit through a few speeches by faculty, get separated into group in which will consist of 4 students and 3 faculty members, lunch, med term quiz, and then individual interviews. The individual interviews they may just tell you that you are accepted or ask you a few more questions. If you are accept they will notify you during the individual interview and give you a packet with a lot of information. I will be there this Friday to mingle with you all and aster any questions you have. Best of luck and I look forward to meeting some of you! 

Thanks for the info micky053. I applied to South but have not heard about an interview yet. I really hope to get one. I recently had a very good interview with one school and have another interview with school #2 in December. Obviously if accepted by one of the other schools.....I will accept them as they are both very good programs. I just wish South would hold the majority of their interviews sooner. And their is no guarantee that they will offer me an interview anyway. It just seems that by holding interviews later than the others that they lose out as so many may have already accepted positions elsewhere. Have you found this to be the case?

Archived