Marshall B. Ketchum PA Program

I haven't got the supplement application yet, is that where it asks for verification of hours? How does it all need to be done? Do we just list contact information to hour verification, or do we actually need signatures, etc?

The supplemental application I was given via the website is comprised of four essay questions that are to be answered within the allotted time (2 hours). I received and completed it July 17th, about two weeks after they received my CASPA Application. At this time, my "PA Applicant" page states my supplemental application has been received and is currently being reviewed.  Anyone else at this phase? or gotten any further? 

Maria

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all -applying to this program for the 2014-2015 CASPA cycle. Very nervous about this whole thing! Did everyone need the whole 2 hours to write the 4 essay prompts for the supplemental? Or did everyone find they were similarly worded compared to other school's supplemental questions? I haven't completed mine just yet. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys. If this school becomes accredited soon and we are accepted, is anyone else nervous about being the "guinea pig" class. Would they be just as effective as established schools? Would we be prepared? 

Hi Soaringup14. How's it going so far? From someone on the "outside looking in" it seems to me that MBK "has it going on" lol. Yeah, its me and I still need to work on making my references more relevant to a younger audience, but hey I'm old. I really enjoyed lecturing to your class and visiting your program. As the "Founding Class" I think you guys will be okay... don't be nervous. Take care.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It was great seeing MBK students and faculty @ the CAPA conference. It was really great seeing you guys as student ambassadors. Thanks for stopping by the NHSC Corps Community Day booth and yes I am going to post those pictures on FB.

OMG I didn't see this until now. It was so awesome to see you again! Thank you for being an AWESOME lecturer and ALWAYS making me laugh! Hope to see you again at CAPA next year! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Crimy3! It does say on mine that I need to provide that. Also, there are several course requirements that it says I have not met but I have actually completed all of those and they are listed in my coursework on CASPA. Does this paperwork need to be completed if we get accepted or prior to the interview?

Hello Crimy3! It does say on mine that I need to provide that. Also, there are several course requirements that it says I have not met but I have actually completed all of those and they are listed in my coursework on CASPA. Does this paperwork need to be completed if we get accepted or prior to the interview?

Hi, aquariuspa

congrats!!

On your requirements folder, does it provide how to  complete  patient care experience work sheet? For me, it doesn't..

I sent an e-mailed to Lesile Lim (paadmissions@ketchum.edu) who is in charge of admission process and she said disregard requirements folder.

According to her, school received all my requirements through CASPA so i don't have to submit anything not even patient care experience thing.  If you have already submitted everything through CASPA, send her an email! (She is very nice!)

Good luck on your interview!!

Saya,

I am scheduled for the 24th mid-morning session as well. Are you in the morning or mid-morning? Are you a local or traveling from somewhere? I live 25 minutes away from MBKU so if you are not from So Cal, please let me know if you have any questions or need any help :)

Mid-morning as well :) I grew up in the Socal area so I'm pretty familiar fortunately.

Archived