Marshall B. Ketchum PA Program

FuturePA1234 I am choosing MBKU over an established school because of the feeling I got there. Western is also a really great school though! Not like this will help but I have 2 western friends who are PAs who went there and they are excellent and respected. But, go where your heart tells you to go or you won't be happy!

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone!  Does anyone have ANY idea how the waitlist is coming along?  I tried to call Allison yesterday to get a vague hint because my back up program starts at the end of May.  I would like to look for housing and move forward, but MBKU is my top choice!  I could really use some hope...

All I know is that there were 28 students on the alternate list, and maybe some movement after the first deadline, plus one person who posted they had withdrawn after getting their top choice.

Thanks, everyone!

So, I have no REAL idea either. But I've been trying to follow it for awhile, since I was wait listed. It seems that they call people every two weeks- rather than whenever a spot opens. I got accepted from the wait list on Monday, so I would assume that in two weeks from Monday the next group would get called.. Until every spot is filled! Hope that helps a little!

So, I have no REAL idea either. But I've been trying to follow it for awhile, since I was wait listed. It seems that they call people every two weeks- rather than whenever a spot opens. I got accepted from the wait list on Monday, so I would assume that in two weeks from Monday the next group would get called.. Until every spot is filled! Hope that helps a little!

That does help!  Maybe that person who withdrew on the 11th left an open seat that has not yet been claimed...  Fingers crossed!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have just been accepted off the wait-list! I had completely lost hope and had started the entire reapplication process. I would really like to get in contact with other students who have been accepted. Send me a message :) 

To those on the wait-list hang in there! 

• 2 weeks later...

SOCALPA:

Do I need my bachelor’s degree to apply to MBKU?

1. Yes.  You must have completed your degree before you apply at MBKU.

That is in the frequently asked questions page of the website. There are many things you can look at there on their website.

As for classes, I think you can be in progress of 1. I know a few people who are completing 1 class prior to matriculation. I would e-mail Allison Takeda herself and ask about more than 1 class in progress. 

Thanks Soaring i did read that on the website. However, it is different than what i recall when the program was initially developed.  I was asking if anyone was in that situation.  I guess i will contact Allison. I should have gone with my first mine and not posted this on here since i knew i would get a re-direction. THANKS 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Queen of hearts..

1. I loved MBKU because of location, faculty and their warm welcomes, the surrounding environment, and my familiarity and wanting to serve in SO Cal ..oh ya of course their mission statement.(it is how I intend to serve as a PA.) 

2.Yes so far it is organized. We begin classes next week so we will see how lectures are. Everything we need as a pre-PA student is on this portal system the school has in place. 

3. Yes and the locations are on the FAQ's on the school website. They seem awesome! 

4.I am actually not sure...

5. Tuition cost/budget is also on the main MBKU website. http://www.ketchum.edu/index.php/admissions/pa-tuition-financial-aid, click the "standard budget" link. To me it is reasonable! All graduate PA programs are about the same cost, and any of them are worth it to pursue your Master's and practice medicine (in my opinion :)!) 

6.I am not commuting I decided to move to Fullerton even though my hometown is 38 miles away! Traffic on the 91 freeway is atrocious and only going to get worse ahh! 

Good luck applying and sorry someone didn't get back sooner to you!

Hello fellow current applicants,

Has anyone else had trouble accessing the supplemental application for this school in the portal? I logged in and page my fee but its been almost a week and every time I log in it just keeps giving me the option to pay me fee. I must be missing something. Any advice about what is probably very obvious that I am missing would be greatly appreciated.

Or perhaps does it just take awhile for the system to acknowledge your payment and grant you access to the questions?

Thanks!

Roo, it took two days for it to appear for me, however, I paid for it on a Friday evening. Monday it appeared on the "Applicant" Tab. Once you are on the PA Applicants page on the website, check the left side column list for the "Applicant" tab, click on it and you should find the supplemental application listed on that page.

Good luck :) 

Maria 

Archived