Marshall B. Ketchum PA Program

aj13, from the interviews I have attended so far this cycle the schools don't disclose that information. Most schools interview around 145 people for about 30-40 spots. I am going to assume MBKU is interviewing more because of the people skeptical about them being a new program and if they will be accredited (that is just my guess.) Also, because the interview time is around 6 hours, I am going to guess the interview will be around 30-45 mins, since the introductions in the beginning take about a while, the tour, the essay, financial aid seminar and lunch. Anyways, I'll be there Sunday in the morning! Hope to meet some of you. 

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're welcome! Yes I have. They were related to the health care field, like "hot topics" and also, research methods such as are you able to research a topic that interests you and write about it and answer general questions about your research topic. Also, I've had a generic question like "what obstacles have you overcome". Each of those are from different schools so every school asks something different! I guess expect anything haha! 

It went really well!  Everyone was really nice, passionate about the profession, and excited about the program.  They were organized, and seemed to cover all their bases.  If you've interviewed at other programs, expect your MBKU interview to be a combination of everything you have done to date.  Multiple rounds of different style interviews, an essay, and the usual campus tour and financial aid presentations.  It goes by fast, and they do their best to make sure you are not nervous, but it definitely will be a distance run, so come prepared. 

Good luck everyone!

Hi, I just came back from my Jan 13 morning interview and just wanted to update everyone else who still has yet to go. 

MBKU does a little bit of everything. 

2 Mini Interview

1 Faculty Interview

1 Individual Interview

1 Group Interview

So be prepared to be interviewed 5 times. But it's not bad, they don't try to trip you up or anything. Their goal is to get to know you better. So just come prepared and don't stress about it. 

As for accreditation, they did mention they just had their site visit a month ago. And they are very optimistic about getting the provisional accreditation. 

Hope that helps!

can anybody say whether the interviews will be open file where they can ask specific questions about your academics or they will have no information about you during the interview? congratulations to those who have finished the interview and good luck to those who are scheduled! I hope to see some of you guys on saturday Jan. 18th! This is my first interview so any tips would be super helpful. Thank you!

Hey guys, so I just wanted to offer a few words of wisdom. My first pa interview I was super nervous and I messed everything up. But after I learned to relax it was much better.

Just remember guys: You cannot control how the interviewer will react or feel about your answers. The only thing you can control is your own reaction and your answers. So just relax and prepare. And really just be yourself. It they don't like you then it probably was a personailty clash and you may not be a good fit for the school. But if they do, they know the real you and know how to help you while your in the program.

As for preparation Pauladee - I found "How to Ace the Physician Assistant School Interview" book to be really helpful.

http://www.amazon.com/How-Physician-Assistant-School-Interview/dp/0615480721/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389741833&sr=8-1&keywords=how+to+ace+the+physician+assistant+school+interview

There are many other books and sites out there to help you prepare. Check them out =) But that's the book I used to prepare myself and I felt like it prepared me very well.

And you should expect any interview to be open file. That's how they get to know you and make notes =)

This school is wonderful! Faculty is really admirable and everyone is extremely accommodating. The interview process can either be the first thing you do or the last thing and may last quite a bit of time, but it is all very laid back.

Be yourself and you will do great :) Good luck to all who have interviews remaining! 

Archived