Marshall B. Ketchum PA Program

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just out of curiosity is anyone else deciding between programs? Feeling really lucky, I heard back from 2 schools Thursday and would love to chat! Gonna be a tough decision

same, as much as i loved MBK when i took the tour and interviewed with the faculty, my family thinks that since it is provisionally accredited and a new PA program  it'll be harder to find jobs after graduating compared to going to a more recognized PA program. however i am leaning towards MBK. any thoughts?

same, as much as i loved MBK when i took the tour and interviewed with the faculty, my family thinks that since it is provisionally accredited and a new PA program  it'll be harder to find jobs after graduating compared to going to a more recognized PA program. however i am leaning towards MBK. any thoughts?

Go with your gut.

I don't think finding a job would be an issue, especially since MBK's location cannot be more ideal! There are so many amazing rotation sites in OC! The faculty is also really experienced and they know what it takes to graduate great PA(s)! :) :) :)

Hey PA424. I definitely agree with you. It is much easier to find jobs if you attend a more well known program than a newer program but definitely go with your gut. 

Hey PA424 and aquariuspa, when it comes to looking for a job when you are done with any PA program, whether fully accredited or in provisional accredited state, employers do not care as much as you think about where one received their PA degree as far as you pass your PANCE. Also with the amount of training we are receiving here at MBKU; you will be well versed and COMPETENT when finished so finding a job won't be an issue (ask Forbes magazine)! That's what definitely helped me make my decision last year when I was accepted, because I was choosing between 2-3 programs, then MBKU won because of my confidence in the faculty/program's vision then, what they have accomplished since and what they are still working on now. So I'm glad I chose this program, but the ultimate decision is on you, so definitely go with your gut instinct because most of the time it's usually right! Good luck guys.

Hello everyone!  Congratulations to those who have been accepted and those in consideration!  I am one of the current first-year students.  I see that there are many inquiries for starting a Facebook page for the incoming Class of 2017.  To our knowledge Leslie will be creating the official FB page for your class in the near future.  If you have any questions, please contact her.

On another note, we have assigned a President Protem for your class who will be helping out the incoming students over the summer.  Good luck and we hope to see you here at MBKU!!!

Thank you!! I was wondering if anyone received the certiphi email yet because Student Affairs informed me today that Certiphi was supposed to email us yesterday, 2/10/2015.

Nope, nothing on my end! but I just emailed by matriculation agreement & asked Leslie regarding Certiphi. Ahe hasnt answered me yet, but Ill keep you guys posted :)

Angie

Congratulations to everyone that has been accepted. What a great accomplishment! Has anyone else not yet received an email stating whether or not they are waitlisted?

I am in the same boat. I have not received a phone call or email of any sort. Last I heard (after my interview) they said they would be getting back to everyone around the middle of February regardless of the outcome.

• 5 months later...

Archived