Interviews for Starting Class of 2014

This was the first interview I had and it was pretty laid back. There were two other people there when I interviewed. When we came in the director of the program gave us some information about the program and allowed us to ask any questions we had. Then they had us write an essay and called us in one by one to interview. The interview was with two members of the admissions committee and it only lasted about 10-15 minutes. The questions were pretty straight forward. After the interview, you were given time to finish the essay if you needed it. Once everyone was done, we were taken on a tour of the campus and that was it. My advice is just prepare and be honest and friendly during the interview! Good luck to everyone!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I got a really random email from LIU that has confused me greatly. This is how it reads:

Thank you for completing LIU Brooklyn's Supplemental Application. With many universities to choose from, we are delighted you have selected to apply with us! Decisions are released at the discretion of the department and most often applicant review begins only after the application deadline date has passed. You may log into your MyLIU Online Application at any time to view your current admission status.

First of all - I never filled out a supplemental application for LIU's PA program. They don't have one. Second of all, you all are already receiving interviews and acceptances so that sentence about waiting until after the deadline has passed to review applicants seems wrong. Thirdly, I tried to log in to the MyLIU app to view my admissions status and was a link to its admissions page?!!!? Is anyone else experiencing this sort of confusion?

I got the same e-mail and didnt submit a supplemental...because CASPA said there wasn't one. I logged in anyway and attempted to fill out the first page before realizing that Physician Assistant wasn't even an option under "Intended Major/Concentration". I think this was probably sent out by mistake, but has anyone contacted admissions about it yet?

I attempted to make an account using the link they give you to the portal but then PA wasn't even an option on the registration page. The email must have been sent by mistake but it's been over a week now and I haven't gotten anything that says to disregard it. I just don't know what this means as far as our applications--is everything complete and are we under review or did our apps get somehow mixed up with another pile...I hope not!

I'm SO confused. So more than a week ago I called and left a message about a supplemental app, or a general liu admissions app, that some people have been saying that they submitted. Anyway, they called me back and said absolutely nothing besides the CASPA app is needed.

Fast forward a week and I get the same weird email that a lot of you have gotten about making a CAS account and how my application fee has been waived. I call them back and they tell me "oh that's probably because of your supplemental application"... What? After being transferred to the accounts department I had to leave another message about a supplemental..

Anyway! My question is. Is there a supplementary or general LIU admissions app we also need to submit??

This program seems pretty disorganized. For weeks I had the PA department telling me only Grad Admissions could confirm that my GRE scores had been received and Grad Admissions telling me they couldn't do that until they received the supplemental, while the PA office said there was no supplemental required. I hope this isn't a true indication of the quality of the program/school.

I submitted my CASPA on 7/17 and still waiting to hear back. I am re-applicatant, I interviewed last year and got rejected due to lack of experience. The interview was very laid back and it went very smoothly.

Hoping for another chance this year. Good luck to all who got accepted already and the ones still waiting to hear back!!

Archived