Interviews 2013-2014

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do not worry med term exam, while it is a good thing to pass, half of our current first year class had to retake theirs, so totally not a big deal!

Essays... do not worry. Topics are given in the morning, and you have plenty of time to jot some notes down, which I deginitely recommend.

Good luck on your interview!

Yea, I agree. I did not really prepare for the medterm test because I was told not to worry, there was some really general questions and some more difficult but while you're taking it just remember that it will not influence your admission. The essays were pretty standard, just be honest and support your answers with good reasons and I don't think you could go wrong. Just be yourself and stay calm! The day was really relaxed and comfortable, just get there early to let your nerves settle and make sure you give yourself enough time to get there in case of traffic! Good luck!!!

Our program director is really big on dress code, we even have a dress code for everyday at school, so overdressed is not about us... :)

Otherwise read my previous post about exam and essays. Be yourself, be polite, smile.

You will do great!

See you Monday. :)

Patachok, when you say that overdressed is not about us, what do you personally think girls should wear? I have seen some wear a colored shirt under the blazer, but do you think one should stick with black and white? Haha sorry if you have no opinion on this...

Patachok,

I interviewed on 10/11 and got an email yesterday telling me I am wait listed, but I signed my acceptance and sent it back right away.  I know some of the current students have been on the wait list and I was wondering whether this is a tiered wait list like the medical school? Also, do you know if there is any benefit to sending letters of intent or any other supportive documents to show my drive to attend Rush?  Rush is my first-choice school and if I don't get in I will just try to strengthen my application for next year, but I would like to try everything possible to make myself stand out in a positive way without pestering the adcom. Any help you could give would be appreciated. Thanks.

I actually do not know much about the waitlist, but it is still early in the cycle, things will reshuffle so many times! And i think it is ok, probably, to send updates and such, may be once a month... but again, do not know much about wait list. May be somebody else has a better insight into this.

Good luck!

I actually do not know much about the waitlist, but it is still early in the cycle, things will reshuffle so many times! And i think it is ok, probably, to send updates and such, may be once a month... but again, do not know much about wait list. May be somebody else has a better insight into this.

Good luck!

Thanks so much, patachok. I appreciate your input.

I interviewed on Monday 10/28 and heard today (two days later) that I am on the wait list. I printed, signed, and sent the agreement back right away. I was pretty surprised to get the email today since on Monday they told me it would at least be 4-6 weeks before hearing back. I am not sure if this is a good or bad thing... Hopefully I will hear back sooner rather than later. Any previous students have any insight on how many people they place on the wait list, or what it could mean hearing back so fast? Waiting is always the hardest part :(

I interviewed on Monday 10/28 and heard today (two days later) that I am on the wait list. I printed, signed, and sent the agreement back right away. I was pretty surprised to get the email today since on Monday they told me it would at least be 4-6 weeks before hearing back. I am not sure if this is a good or bad thing... Hopefully I will hear back sooner rather than later. Any previous students have any insight on how many people they place on the wait list, or what it could mean hearing back so fast? Waiting is always the hardest part :(

Again, see my above post about waitlist... unfortunately cannot provide much insight. However, after my interview last January, I heard back in three days or so, so nothing bad about that. I wish you good luck! I know waiting sucks to no end, but hopefully it will be all worth it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived