quick question

I just took the GRE today and received my verbal/quant scores. After the test it asked me if I wanted to send my scores, I sent my scores to 4 schools that I will be applying too, on CASPA it asks for verbal/quant percentile and writing score neither of which I have. Should I go ahead and mail my application now because my scores will be sent to those 4 schools or do I need to wait until i receive my writing score in order to put it on my CASPA app. Thanks.

Depends on the programs that you are applying to. Some programs require that you self-submit your GRE scores through CASPA, in which case you need to wait until you have your writing scores. Others are okay with either receiving the scores through CASPA (do not require self-report) or are okay with receiving the score directly from ETS. From what I understand, if you are not required to self-report scores, you can go ahead and submit your application and the scores can be received through CASPA at any point in the application cycle. Just check with the school's website and if it is unclear, I would call and make sure since you won't be allowed to go back into your app once its submitted. Hope this helps!

I would wait until you receive your official GRE student score sheet in the mail, and that will have all the info you need for CASPA, guaranteed to be correct. One of my grad applications allowed me to snap a picture of it, scan it onto computer and upload to them, too.

Check with the schools you're applying to. I remember when I applied Cornell REQUIRED the scores to be listed on CASPA and they had to receive the scores from ETS. You don't want to get rejected from a school simply because you did not follow their directions.

Taken from their website:

http://weill.cornell.edu/education/programs/phy_adm.html#1

"Graduate Record Examination: All applicants are required to take the General GRE Aptitude Test (Quantitative, Verbal and Analytical). Application to take the GRE may be made directly to: Educational Testing Service, Graduate Record Examinations, P.O. Box 6000, Princeton, NJ 08541-6000. The Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences PA Program - Designated Institution (DI) Code is: 0479. This code is necessary for applicants to have their scores sent to the PA Program. Applicants must self-report GRE test scores and percentiles (Quantitative, Verbal and Analytical) on their initial CASPA application. Any applicant that does not self-report their GRE scores and percentiles (Q, V and A) on their initial CASPA application will not be considered. The MSHS PA Program does not have a minimum GRE score requirement."

Archived