GRE scores when applying

Hi! I was wondering the average GRE score of accepted students .. I am thinking of applying, but have only taken the GRE once and my score was a 293 :/ I know the website states atleast a 286 but I also know my score is not very competitive. I plan on taking it again by September and believe ill do better. Any advice/feedback would be appreciated! Thank u!

I've been told a competitive GRE score is a combined verbal and math of 300 or higher. Also a 4 or better on writing. Usually 150 or better on each section. They like to look at how you did on the GRE to see how you will handle the PANCE after PA school. I was asked questions about my GRE scores during an interview recently.

I've been told a competitive GRE score is a combined verbal and math of 300 or higher. Also a 4 or better on writing. Usually 150 or better on each section. They like to look at how you did on the GRE to see how you will handle the PANCE after PA school. I was asked questions about my GRE scores during an interview recently.

Thanks for the response! Yeah, I was shooting for a 300 at least for my first time taking it..but I panicked and blanked on the math portion and had to click answers at the end because time ran out! :/ I am going to take it again by September since their deadline isn't until October. I got my report online today and scored verbal 152, quant 141 :( and AW 4.0. I still included them in my institutions to send scores to though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi everyone.  I am looking to apply to LSU PA program in New Orleans and Shreveport.  I recently took the GRE and scored 151 Verbal, 155 Quantitative, and 4.0 on Analytical writing.  Would this make me eligible/competitive at these programs?  Please be specific if possible.  Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone. I am looking to apply to LSU PA program in New Orleans and Shreveport. I recently took the GRE and scored 151 Verbal, 155 Quantitative, and 4.0 on Analytical writing. Would this make me eligible/competitive at these programs? Please be specific if possible. Thanks in advance!

If you read the above posts it should be clear that your GRE score is competitive. It is best if your Quant is higher than the verbal, which it is. Are you from LA? I think that makes a difference. The question you are really asking though is one that most of us can't answer; that is"How will the GRE score be used?"

For one thing, it is the only objective part off an application and many schools seem to use it to eliminate prospects that don't meet a minimum standard. Someone posted that schools use it as an indicator of how you might do on the PANCE. They may be correct but, hopefully, not. More than likely, most schools set up a scale for each part of the application: LORs, GRE, Personal statement, GPAs, leadership, dedication, communication abilities, etc. (GRE scores may not even be that important since some schools don't use them.) They then grade each item to provide a composite score. I know some schools do this but who knows if it is universal.

For your purposes, you are in good shape with the GRE and should focus, now, on other parts of your application.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX using Tapatalk 2

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone.  I am looking to apply to LSU PA program in New Orleans and Shreveport.  I recently took the GRE and scored 151 Verbal, 155 Quantitative, and 4.0 on Analytical writing.  Would this make me eligible/competitive at these programs?  Please be specific if possible.  Thanks in advance!

Hey there,

I need some advice on GRE.. Congratulations on ur achievements..Can u pls email me on aneshi154@gmail.com.. Thanks..:)

Archived