Just a general question..reapplicant

I want to start by saying thank you to everyone who has critiqued my essay over the past couple weeks! It has been a hugeee help. I have a general question about the "reapplicant" essay. My first time around, I only applied to one school because I didn't think my chances were great at getting in. I ended up landing an interview but was rejected due to no shadowing hours, etc. This time around, though, I am applying to several more schools. My concern is that I really think what got me my first interview was my essay; i worked months on it and it was perfect. I am having a harder time writing a great essay again, I really think my first one nailed everything on the head. I am applying to the same school again that interviewed me and my problem is that I want to incorporate alot of the old essay into the new one. I am not using the whole essay again but I am using the same conclusion paragraph:

"My relationship with Kathy, my patient care experience, my love for science, and my passion for the medical field have reaffirmed my decision to become a physician assistant. I desire to support my patients. I desire to make a difference in their lives. I desire to exhibit compassion and keep my patients actively involved in their healthcare. I desire to make changes in the field of medicine. I desire to pursue a career that I know I will excel in because I am excited about it. I desire to become a physician assistant."

and using a couple of the same ideas within the body of the essay. So my problem is that none of the new schools have seen this before (and I think it will really help my chances) but the one I interviewed at has. i want to get in the second time around but do you think reusing this will hurt my chances for the school that has seen it?

Sorry for the long and drawn out question, any advice will help greatly!!! thanks all (:

I'm not sure but I would seriously doubt the ability of a committee to remember word-for-word narratives from one year to the next. I don't see the harm in including these ideas second time around- especially since they got you an interview first time around! Good luck!

Archived