Salary for a PA Educator

Yes - another Salary question. I made sure this wasn't a double post - I searched high and low for a similar question. (at least, I hope it's not a double-post)

For those of you who work as PA educators, I was wondering if you could give me a range of salaries that you could expect to see. I know it depends on what you're doing (guest lecturer, regular faculty member, program director, etc...) but I honestly have no idea what they make.

I am interested in the possibility of teaching sometime in my life, but am wondering if there is any financial incentive to do so, or if you should expect a drastic pay-cut. Thanks!!

jordan

PAEA has this data in the latest annual report (2008-2009). Yoy can access the information here: http://www.paeaonline.org/index.php?ht=d/sp/i/243/pid/243

It would depend on the geographic location of the program, what position you fill, full-time vs. part-time, etc. Also, if you work in a surgical specialty or emergency medicine, faculty salaries will be lower than your clinical salary. YMMV.

gatorPA

PAEA has this data in the latest annual report (2008-2009). You can access the information here: http://www.paeaonline.org/index.php?ht=d/sp/i/243/pid/243

It would depend on the geographic location of the program, what position you fill, full-time vs. part-time, etc. Also, if you work in a surgical specialty or emergency medicine, faculty salaries will be lower than your clinical salary. YMMV. gatorPA

Gotta agree with GatorPA. But I would add this...there is no financial incentives. Faculty may take up to a 50% pay cut from their clinical salaries. Treat your faculty kind...lol.:wink:

LesH

Archived