Hi Pulli75, I was wondering if you heard from SB yet? My submission dates are very similar to you so just curious if you received an interview yet? Thanks!

Hi Pulli75, I was wondering if you heard from SB yet? My submission dates are very similar to you so just curious if you received an interview yet? Thanks!

No, nothing yet since sending the supplemental. I will post as soon as I hear anything!

I got an email today for an interview on November 21! I am so excited, I never thought I would get one here! Did anyone else get one for the 21?

Yay! I opted for the afternoon session so I have more time to get there. I'm from Jersey so I think I might take the train to save myself from the city traffic.

For those who are from around the area, which airport would you suggest flying into?  LaGuardia or JFK and taking public transport to Stony Brook or ISP and take a cab to the hotel?  Any input would be much appreciated!

JFK would entail an easier transition to the LIRR. Which takes you straight to campus. You can take the train from JFK to Jamaica terminal and buy yourself a ticket to Port Jefferson. Stony brook terminal is the second to last stop. Once you make it out to SBU, there should be bus stop along a route that can take you to the hilton hotel or the HSC. But if you're a walker, you can hike around circle rd in either direction until you reach the hotel (it's a 5k loop). If all else fails, call car service 1 (631) 473-0707 (though the bus is much more efficient and affordable). Good luck and hope to meet you on the 21st!

• Upvote 1

Congrats! When did you interview newbeginning and kw118? How long after the interview did you find out you were accepted? How was the interview? I am going Oct 26th!

Thank you! The interview was on thursday the 19th and I foud out yesterday by phone call. They try to make the interviews as relaxed as possible and everyone is very nice. The day is structured great. Just be yourself, prepare beforehand, and try to relax! Good luck!

• Upvote 1

Thank you! The interview was on thursday the 19th and I foud out yesterday by phone call. They try to make the interviews as relaxed as possible and everyone is very nice. The day is structured great. Just be yourself, prepare beforehand, and try to relax! Good luck!

Same here. I interviewed on Thursday and received the call on Tuesday. Get there early so you avoid being late. Be yourself. I brought water with me because I have a tendency to get dry mouth when I'm nervous. When I needed a second or two to think, I would take a short sip. Try to relax. Best wishes!!

Congrats to all of you! I'm looking forward to my interview!!! What did you all like best about the program?

Three. One day in September, one in October, one in November. Each day there are 60 students interviewing, 30 in a morning session and 30 in an afternoon session.