ENT new grad offer

hey guys im doing my rotation at an ENT office right now. Its currently only 1 physician but they are in the process of hiring a new grad Dr. to start doing surgeries. I will only be doing in office patients at this moment and time. They like me and want me to stay so they offered me a position

full benfits (401k, malpractice (which was 4k for the last pa they had), health insurance)

2 weeks vacation

we didnt go into bonus or CME or license reimbursment but im going to counter with a bonus at 6 months for procedures (we will do in office endoscopy and bill for procedures)

The 2010 data for Florida and national in ENT is between 68-80. so i think 70k is on the low end. the problem is the only data i have is nationally for new grads in the specialty.

MMM16qL.jpg

this is for Florida but its only based on 11 people and doesnt state experience

j7UR4qp.jpg

thoughts? I know the data is really sparse for ENT PAs. My biggest issue for my area is i cannot speak spanish and i am not able to relocate at this time due to my significant other being locked in a hospital contract. Pay in other areas i know is higher but im stuck in South Florida to gain my experience.

I'm thinking about countering at 75k just to make it a level playing field and know that im not getting low balled. Then at 6 months discuss bonus for procedures. She said i will be billing under the MD.

Thanks guys

Jason

Are salaries that low in South Florida?

Yep pay in south Florida is horrible. My classmates are getting offers in the mid 70s for specialty. One of the dermatologist's start their pas at 30/hr for 30 hours. It's a joke

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

70k is pretty low -- if I were you, I'd try to haggle and get the 75k. How many hours per week are you working? And what is the expected patient volume/day? Are you going to be on call? Any insurance for the family? I think you have to take these into consideration when countering.

Also, is this the AAPA salary? I'm not a membership, would you be able to post a screenshots for the URGENT CARE salaries?

Thanks!

Yep pay in south Florida is horrible. My classmates are getting offers in the mid 70s for specialty. One of the dermatologist's start their pas at 30/hr for 30 hours. It's a joke

70k is pretty low -- if I were you, I'd try to haggle and get the 75k. How many hours per week are you working? And what is the expected patient volume/day? Are you going to be on call? Any insurance for the family? I think you have to take these into consideration when countering.

Also, is this the AAPA salary? I'm not a membership, would you be able to post a screenshots for the URGENT CARE salaries?

Thanks!

Yea I brought this in today and should what average is and how I would be unhappy making less. We'll see how it goes. I'll walk if it's less than 70k .there is no call and it's only office visits. We are currently only working 3 days now around 20 a day I would imagine when I start they would want about 10. The office is transitioning when the new Dr comes because there will be surgeries. The biggest issues I find is there are no ENT pas in the group. There is only one who started 12 years ago out of 45 physicians. So there is no data to say you bring me on and this will happen

Archived