Fall 2011 Acceptance

jay32dubb, a friend of mine who is a first year at Pitt Dental lives in the Royal York which is very close to Chatham from what I can remember. I believe there are studio apartments as well as regular floorplans! I think she said rent is pretty reasonable as well. However, there are tons of options in the area!

I'm just as anxious as the rest of you... :-/ this is torture!

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was placed on the alternate list for a PA Program in ohio. A couple weeks later, i got a email saying my spot had opened and that id been accepted , I declined. So now another alternate is getting that spot... Not everyone who gets accepe into Chatham will go, so theres a very strong possibility you will hear back from Chatham.

Best wishes Ameliab

Accepted this afternoon! Talk about a long wait. Applied in August, heard from them in October telling me they got my application, wait wait wait, in December they emailed me telling me that my application was complete, and now the last day in January to be accepted!

I am totally excited, and freaking out a little. My wife is going to lose her lid tonight when I tell her we're moving to Pitt!

I have an interview at UNE on the 26th next month... Now to decide if I just take this acceptance, or pay the $600 deposit, and still fly out to Maine. If I cancel my trip to UNE It will cost me about $350 in cancellation fees.. But would also save me about a grand, and the pressure of an interview. Phew.. That was a long wait! Congrats to anyone else who got the email today!

$600 deposit is due by Feb 15, so if they don't fill the class by then, I bet the third round of invitations go out the week after that.

Congrats! That is such exciting news for you and your family and either way it really takes the pressure off.

Did you get an acceptance email or letter? Just wondering from someone who hasn't heard anything! Good luck making your decision over the next few weeks.

Hey guys, im pretty sure smokey got accepted via email

per " Congrats to anyone else who got the email today!"..

Best wishes to all

Isack1l, i believe it is a rolling type of acceptance, due to emails being sent out on different dates. Theyr probably acccepting, and waitlisting as spots open and get filled.

I'll chime in here too. I live about 2 miles from Chatham and haven't heard anything since the completed application email at the end of December. In my case, this may have less to do with geography and more to do with my application stats. We'll see. Good luck to the rest of you. I just hope that if they are no longer interested they will notify us rather than have us assume we didn't make it.

I also received the acceptance email on Jan 31st! I've always wondered why the don't require interviews? Does anyone know anything regarding this? Is anyone planning to visit the campus sometime, maybe a couple of us can get together and plan something?

Let me know :)

Good luck to those who are still waiting!

I don't know why they no longer interview.. I have a friend that graduated from Chatham about 5 years ago and he interviewed before going there. So sometime in the last 5 or 6 years they dropped the interview for one reason or another.

My wife and I were planning on making a small trip out of a visit to campus, since there wasn't any trip for an interview. Check things out, look at some apartments and see the Pitt area. We'd be coming from Utah though, so it's not just an hour or two drive. Going to be a long haul from here.. over 1900 miles to move! Ugh.. Not looking forward to that.

Congrats Smokeybear and llope017! And good luck to all of those that are still waiting to hear back! I'm excited to meet my future classmates and perhaps, closer to school time, we can plan some sort of get together, like llope017 suggested. Is a facebook page in order as well?

just got the alternate email! looks like others have already received this news... I am wondering how many prospective candidates they placed on the list. does anyone know if they will notify us if the class has been filled and they are closing the cycle? or do they keep alternates available until schools starts? ugh, if so thats a long wait haha!

I curious is anyone knows of an actually person who has gained placement at Chatham after being placed on the alternate list...yes I know it happens at others schools, but I wonder if Chatham's alternate list is more extensive??

And SmokeyBear --I am also from Utah. congrats! Have fun with that drive....hopefully no kids are involved ;) I can only imagine...

Hey everyone,

For those that have been accepted, how long did it take to hear from Chatham after receiving the "completed application" email. As others have mentioned, I too received that email on Dec 29th, and have yet to hear anything else. (I live in nyc btw not that I think proximity matters in the decision process). I was just wondering the actual time frame. Thanks!

Hi whoahitzmike (I like the name!) I received that email on the 29th as well, and the acceptance letter came in the mail on Jan. 3rd. I think the letter was dated the 29th though, but it didn't come until the Monday after that weekend. I hope that helps! And to the other question above, I think there were a couple of students giving tours that were accepted off of the waitlist!

Archived