Fall 2011 Acceptance

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SJ83, same here! Im concerned with where i should live. I dont really want to drive all the way back to Pitt just to go apartment shopping. I may just live in the university supplied apartments.

Have you heard anything from the school since giving your deposit? the only thing i got was a reciept via e-mail.

Good luck everyone! And Jay32dubb- I'm from Pittsburgh so I would be happy to recommend some neighborhoods that are nice and super convenient in terms of being close to school. Let me know if you need any info. about housing or the Pittsburgh area in general!

Oh and as for hearing anything, I got that same receipt and some financial aid info. that was pretty generic. They are probably going to wait to send the big stuff until the class is filled, that's would I was assume anyway. But I am excited to get more info.!

Good luck everyone! And Jay32dubb- I'm from Pittsburgh so I would be happy to recommend some neighborhoods that are nice and super convenient in terms of being close to school. Let me know if you need any info. about housing or the Pittsburgh area in general!

SJ83 thanks abunch! im really considering the campus owned apartments, they seem to be rather afordable as long as i can find a roomate. I really just want to live really close, traffic there seems to be very slugish! But im very open to any advice reguarding any apartments that are nearby and affordable. Have you bought your 2 books yet?

Hi everyone! Congratulations to those of you who have already been accepted for Fall 2011!! I'm still waiting to hear as well. I'm from the Pittsburgh area, so obviously Chatham (with it's reputation) is high on my list! I called the admissions office yesterday and spoke with someone who said that going through so many applications had taken longer than anticipated but letters should be going out by the end of the week. So, I guess that means check your mailboxes later this week and early next week. For those of you who have already decided on Chatham, where will you be living just out of curiousity?

Good luck to everyone waiting!! :-)

Hey all,

I probably should just start a new thread, but for now I will just post here. What advice do you have for applicants applying to Chatham? I know for most schools there is typically no "magic formula", but for those who made it in, how did your stats measure up (GPA, med experience, volunteer/PA shadowing experience, extracurricular activities). Are there areas that defineitly make you more competitive for this program and other areas you shouldn't concentrate on as much. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Rick

Hello rict0313,

After speaking with the director of grad admissions its evident that with Chatham Stats arent everything. As long as you meet minimum requirements you have just as good of a chance as someone with much greater credentials. They focus more on your personal statement and LOR's as well as they have a mission to diversify their program so they actively seek a more eclectic student body. My suggestion would be to make sure your personal statement is authentic and memorable! As well as having your LOR's reflect different qualities you possess. I politely suggested focal topics for my Recomenders to write about.

LOR1: a former Proffesor of mine wrote about jay32dubb the student.

LOR2: a Nurse Practitioner (whom I've known for quite some time) focused on jay32dub the person.

LOR3: a Physician Assistant that i shadowed who focused on jay32dubb the future healthcare provider.

I hope this helps

Archived