Application cycle for 2013-2014

I know how miserable it is to be waiting for info. Keep your chin up. If you don't have a rejection letter in hand there's still a chance. I heard there were about 1600 applications this year. There are a lot of you and only one Wendy. She's amazing and helpful and seems capable of doing the work of 10 people, so please be nice to her and don't email her unless you absolutely have to.

If things are the same as last year there will be an interview week in January and February. Interviews are held Monday through Thursday with about 10 people in each session.

I received my interview invite for the February session mid to late December. There are 5 people from my interview group in the current class, so don't worry about not having any seats left when you interview. 

Congrats to those that have a seat. You're going to love Duke. 

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ To know there were 1600 applications this year blows me away. I am absolutely humbled and honored to be offered an interview invite for January 7th as I truly did not see myself capable of receiving this opportunity. My question is, does being offered an interview mean I have cleared the review process in terms of grades and other stats? I would be slightly more confident going in to this knowing that my acceptance or rejection would be based on solely the interview at this point (unless I am tabled), since I do have some concerning grades on my transcript that I would like to leave in the past once and for all :) 

If we don't hear the following week after we interviewed is it safe to assume that we're tabled or rejected or is there still a chance for acceptance in a week or two?

Not at all. The Admissions Committee meets at irregular intervals (whenever all of their schedules have shared openings) - sometimes their meeting is a day after your interview and sometimes it's a month.

Really, without trying to raise expectations too high, you shouldn't assume you've been rejected until you receive a letter stating it outright. There have been students who have been admitted to the program the day before classes start.

Still waiting... haven't heard a peep since I submitted. I want to call and ask, but am afraid of hearing the same thing as JJC

I've talked to Wendy a couple times, most recently two weeks ago. She didn't mention any denial letters. All that she told me is that I would hear by mid-December... Hoping for this week. Hopefully for you as well!

Archived