Application cycle for 2013-2014

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

How did you guys address the "agreeable/disagreeable aspects of responsibilities" in the patient care section? I've not seen a question like this and there is no instruction on how to address it. I sent in an email asking about this on Monday and still have not received a response.

How did you guys address the "agreeable/disagreeable aspects of responsibilities" in the patient care section? I've not seen a question like this and there is no instruction on how to address it. I sent in an email asking about this on Monday and still have not received a response.

I also asked about this and they said that there was no need to be too specific. They just want to see what you liked about or didn't like about certain patient care positions in general. I also asked if we needed to fill out the disagreeable section. The woman at Duke that I spoke with said it wasn't necessary and if you liked everything you don't need to add anything to this section. Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm a current 2nd year Duke PA student. Feel free to send me a PM if you have any specific questions or want an insider's perspective. I'm quite biased, of course, but I think it's the best program in the country hands down! :)

Hi I was wondering when you heard from the school for an interview, and when you were accepted?

Thanks

I'm curious as to what "priority" entails- is it just extra points added to the over all score?

My understanding is that it just means they will review all applications received on/before August 15th before they start looking at the others (those submitted after August 15th) -- so if you submit by August 15th, you'll be in an earlier round of interviews.

Hello everyone! I'm a new first year at DPAP. If y'all have any questions about the admissions process, I'd be happy to try to answer them for you as it seems like only short while ago that we were going through that ourselves :) Can't answer too much about the actuall school part since we just started, but I can for sure try! Good luck everyone :)

Archived