UTMB 2013-2014 Application Cycle

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck everyone, I really hope to interview at one of the Texas schools. I am nervous because Texas LOVES Texas and being an out of state resident might be a real disadvantage. I called all of the schools, and they say that they show NO PREFERENCE to in state residents, but they mentioned that 90% or more of the applicants are from Texas, therefore most of the students are Texas grown. I hope to meet some of you on the interview trail.

Hey everyone! I just received an e-mail this week telling me that I got an interview! My interview is on August 12th. Good luck to everyone! This is my number 1 pick school, so I'm really excited and nervous! If anyone has heard any tips or suggestions about the interviews there please share. Good luck to you all! Thanks!

For those of you who have gotten interviews, did you receive an email after u received your mystar account info, letting you know that the PA department is reviewing your app or did you just get an interview email after the mystar information.... Thanks

So after I did all the mystar business, I received an email saying, "Your application is now in the Physician Assistant department for review. Please allow several weeks to months for the review process. We will notify you when the review is final."

That was 9 days ago and I got my interview email today. Good luck to you!!

Hi mlyly90,

How was the interview process at UTMB? I have been informed that it is a rotating interview process, but is it more laid back than people would expect? Also, were there a lot of situational or ethical questions?

I know that you are in the didactic phase of PA school, but do you know what types of patients and illnesses you will encounter on rotations in that region? Will you get a lot of hands-on experience? Also, would you say that it is easy to communicate with your professors and make study groups?

Thank you for your help! :=D:

Archived