Hi PAs as Pre-PAs: I am fortunate enough to say that I have a choice of PA programs to choose from- Emory and Duke. I have visited both schools during the interview, and both are impressive. I’ll be moving with my husband, who will need to find a job wherever we end up, and it seems like Atlanta may have more opportunities for jobs in his field (landscape architecture). I’m thrilled but a bit stumped as to which to choose. I’d sincerely appreciate some insight from those that are familiar with the programs. What would be on your pro and con list? Thank you!
So my graduation date is slowly approaching, and I have been looking into becoming a PA for the past year or so and I have decided I want to go for it. My question is not about classes or GPA but just about the timeline in general about how and when to apply.
I am graduating Fall 2018, so my main question is, should I wait to apply until I have actually physically graduated and apply for the 2019 cycle? Or can I begin applying next year in 2018 since I only have one semester left? I remember in high school, we can start applying for universities during our last year of high school, so I am wondering if it works the same way for this? I have searched everywhere, and all I get is general deadlines, nothing as specific as my question.
ANYTHING HELPS! Thanks!
I'm currently in the interview process, and I'm somewhat confused about how to manage acceptances (should they come...). My first interview is in a week, the next one is in 2 weeks, and a top choice program, which I haven't heard back from yet, doesn't start interviews until late-October. (Still waiting to hear from a few more programs, too.)
So, do prospective PA students in this position just make deposits as necessary to hold places in programs they're interested in as acceptances come in, if they're still waiting to hear back from their first or second choices? Is it really disrespectful to accept an offer from a program, make the deposit, and then change your mind, or is this just an expected part of the process? If I'm offered an October interview for that top choice program, I could theoretically end up paying deposits to 3 separate programs, which seems absurd... Granted, the chances I'd actually get 3 acceptances are probably low, but even 2 would be tricky.
What am I missing?
Thank you :)