Resume for LOR?

Hello all,

I recently started asking a few people for letters of recommendation. Two of the people I work with on a daily basis, and simply said "yes." The third was an instructor for a class I took last semester. When I emailed her asking if she would be willing to write me one, she replied that she would but also asked for a resume. As I have been in the same job position for some time, I do not have a resume currently constructed. What should I put on the resume to send? Should it be specific for my PA pursuit? I imagine resume-sending must be a fairly common practice, but I'm very unfamiliar with this process and would greatly appreciate any help or insight I can get. Thank you!

• Administrator

Always have a resume. Or better, a CV. You never know when someone will want one, and what opportunity will be missed if you don't have one! In my case, each of my LOR writers got a copy of my CV, which included a lot of material that each of them didn't know about me, because no one gets the whole picture of my life except maybe my immediate family.

Archived