New Graduate Licensing questions

Hello everyone,

I just graduated yesterday and I just printed the acceptance of examination form from the IDFPR website. My question is, is it required to have taken the PANCE prior to submitting the application? Haven't registered to take the exam yet, but looking to doing it asap. What are the requirements as far as the PANCE when it comes to IL license, I know I have to pass the exam to get the license, but I am trying to figure out a way to get the process going. I have heard the process can take pretty long. I have a job lined up and they are asking me about the IL license status, yet they know I just graduated yesterday, and i've yet to take the exam. Don't want to sound clueless when they ask. Called IDFPR and I was on hold for over an hour and the person I spoke to said to call back the following day because she wasn't sure :O_O::O_O:

Thanks everyone

Mel

1. As rev said above, you can register for the PANCE prior to graduation.

2. You can submit the Illinois paperwork and for the PANCE score section I think the instructions say to fill it out with the date of your exam and then on the NCCPA website you have the results sent by mail to the address given in the IDFPR instruction packet.

3. When you submit your license it says you can send along a copy of your diploma or an official transcript from your institution.....send the transcript...I sent the copy of my diploma and then received an application delinquency letter telling me that due to changes in the process they need the transcript to verify my pharmacology coursework for the controlled substance act (even though the controlled substance license process is separate)

4. Be patient...I graduated December 14th, took the PANCE on January 2nd, received my IL license on February 25th, started working March 18th (I was also caught in the middle of the IDFPR lay-off battle with the general assembly and Illinois State Medical Society). It takes time to process as the staffing in that office process all MD/DO/PA licenses for the state and there is no temporary licensure process. Very rarely can you get in touch with someone on the telephone in the office either, so make sure you have ALL of your paperwork (including your official transcript sent to them directly from your school) together before sending it in.

rev ronin,

Thank you for your reply, but I did try to register prior to graduation and was unable to do so because our school did not submit all of the students info to the nccpa prior to graduation. Spoke to nccpa and my school needs to get on it asap. Just waiting for that now to register for the exam.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
rev ronin,

Thank you for your reply, but I did try to register prior to graduation and was unable to do so because our school did not submit all of the students info to the nccpa prior to graduation. Spoke to nccpa and my school needs to get on it asap. Just waiting for that now to register for the exam.

You might want to name and shame them, or send them a demand letter for the lost salary you won't be earning, since you were not able to work for a period of time because of their breach of duty. Seriously... they didn't do the paperwork? Just... wow.

• 4 weeks later...

Just took the PANCE today! Had NCCPA send a verification letter to the IL department of prof. regulation as well as my scores as soon as they are available. Hope the DEA process doesn't take too long, I signed a contract with an ER to start September 1st and although they are aware it may take till early October. The Hospital credentialing department seems to hopeful and they say it shouldn't take too long. The lead PA and medical director said the same. Now to wait for my results! Hope to not be disappointed with a long waiting period to obtain everything required , the contract I signed is amazing, can't wait to start my career!! Thank you to those who gave me pointers and advice.

• 5 months later...

Does anyone else have updates on how long it ended up taking them to get licensed after they took the PANCE? I'm applying for a residency program in Chicago that requires me to be fully licensed by September 1st. I graduate June 20th, am going to be cutting it very close with that deadline.

• 1 year later...

Archived