Hi Everyone,

I applied to this program and my application is currently under review. I was speaking to the Director of Admissions about my biochemistry class and hopefully it will count as a prerequisite course. In any case, I wanted to start a thread for this year's applicants so we can share our journey together. My name is Elaine and this is the first time I've applied to the program. I'm currently living in Portland, Oregon working as a dialysis technician & preceptor. I also have 4 years experience working in big pharma, producing a drug for colorectal cancer (protein purification side).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have applied and recieved two e-mails, the first saying that they got my application and the second saying that they are reviewing it. Someone I know who applied last year submitted her application in laste August (the due date is Sept. 1) and got a message back that the class was already full. This makes me think that they will probably be getting the interview cycle started pretty shortly, if they want to fill the seats in the next several weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Elaine - What a great idea! :-)

My name is Jessica, and this is also the first time that I have applied to PA school. I live in Maryland, and I am working as a GNA. I initially received the first email at the beginning of July stating that they received my application and that it is under review. Later that same day, I received an email saying that I was chosen for an interview. I had to complete supplemental applications for both Towson and CCBC, and then they called me yesterday to set up the date and time for the interview! Anyone else interviewing this month?? Good luck to everyone! This is very exciting!

Jessica

Hi Everyone!

My name is Jennifer and this is my first time applying to PA school as well. I am actually from Missouri. I was very surprised to hear from this school since they do not accept a lot of out of state applicants. My emails came the same way as Jessica's! I also completed to applications but have not received my interview schedule call yet. Jessica, what day is your interview? I am trying to make arrangements since I am so far out of state so hopefully I hear tomorrow! I hope to see you there!

Jennifer

PA hopeful - I received the interview email sometime in the first week of July. Good luck with yours, from what I understand there will be multiple interview days.

Elaine Marie - Congratulations, you must be so happy! Are you going to go to the school that you got accepted to, or are you waiting to hear from another before deciding?

PAhopeful13- I have received an invitation for interview I am just waiting for the call to schedule it. I am going to send an email tomorrow to get an update because that is what the document says to do if you have not heard from them after completing the supplemental and three weeks have passed.

Jennifer - Congrats that's awesome! Good luck, let us know how it goes. I never recieved a supplemental email, I'm still waiting for the interview e-mail.

DMaistre - Same here. My caspa was mailed end of june, got one email july 8th and I haven't recieved any e-mails since the last e-mail sent said it was under review that was july 12th.

They email you a link to a page with 4 steps. All of the steps are applying to other schools involved with the program and transcript requests. After you complete the applications and they have received your transcripts, you complete the last step which is a form stating you completed the prior steps. The last form tells you to wait up to three weeks for a phone call. This is only sent if you are invited for an interview. Hope this helps! I still haven't received the call so I sent off an email to find out if there was a problem and she never received my last form. I'll let you know when I hear something!

Archived