Application Cycle 2013-2014

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NSgirl88,

I interviewed in September and they said then that they do four sessions:  one in September, October, December, and January.  They mentioned the last interview session is to essentially fill the wait-list, but that they do tend to admit several students from the wait list group.  I would contact both programs and ask how many interview groups are left for each program, then attend the interview for your first choice and ask to defer your interview for the other program.  It is always best to interview early for the program, especially if it is one you really want to go to!

Congratulations on your interview and good luck!

• 5 weeks later...

Got an interview invitation via email yesterday.  SO grateful!  I applied fairly late so I was worried I wouldn't make the cut.  Staci, if you're still around, you said earlier in this thread that interviews in Jan/Feb are typically to fill the waitlist... Do you think there might be more spots available this year because there was no interview sesson in November?  Thanks for being so helpful throughout this thread!

Congrats! How late did you apply? I'm still playing the waiting game. Hoping to hear something soon!

quote name="mm12" post="151320" timestamp="1387402995"]

Got an interview invitation via email yesterday. SO grateful! I applied fairly late so I was worried I wouldn't make the cut. Staci, if you're still around, you said earlier in this thread that interviews in Jan/Feb are typically to fill the waitlist... Do you think there might be more spots available this year because there was no interview sesson in November? Thanks for being so helpful throughout this thread!

Hey mm12!

So sorry, just busy finishing out the last week of work for school so my brain was basically mush and I wasn't keeping up with the thread. Definitely private message me if you have any urgent questions so I don't miss something! Okay, as of the December interview session, the class was 2/3 full. It was that full prior to the interview session. I definitely think there are still slots left, though, since December ended up being a smaller interview session. I always advise people to go to waitlist sessions because probably 1/3 of the class ends up coming off of the waitlist. And, you're right, because there was no November session, I'm sure January will not be an interview for waitlist spots but you'll know that when you get to the interview. They may even tell you that in the interview email. If they didn't mention it in your interview invite, there are likely still spots left. But I will reiterate the fact that a decent amount of people come off the waitlist. I hope that answers your question! I just want to be sure not to discourage anyone that gets a February invite and thinks for some reason they shouldn't go. They absolutely should because if you are getting an interview, you have a shot. Any other questions, let me know!

Staci

Archived