Application Cycle 2013-2014

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got my first email stating that everything was received on 8/12/13 and I received my email for an interview on 8/24/13. When I submitted my CASPA application I had about 1600 patient care hours, at the time of my interview it was around 1900+ hours. My most recent GPA was near 3.4 and I already had a masters degree and specialized in psychology. I had about 70 hours of shadowing.

Hey all!

Just wanted to remind those of you who were at the September 13th interview day that your acceptance offers, should you receive them, will be sent (typically via e-mail) on the week of PA week (October 6-12th.) So hang in there! I know it's tough to wait. If it makes you feel better, I was on this forum, literally saw a ton of people got accepted from my interview date and there was a computer glitch...and I never got an e-mail. I assumed I was rejected until I got the envelope in the mail with all of the matriculation materials. Good things come to those who wait! It was great to meet some of you and just wanted to tell you thanks for your attention and for all of the questions that you had after the presentation! Definitely a motivated crew! I know all of you will do well!

Staci

I received my first "application in screening" email on July 5th. And then I participated in that CASPA webinar, and I asked the representatives from Rosalind Franklin how long it typically took to receive an interview or rejection after I received that email...and they told me 2 weeks! So then I felt like I wasn't going to get an interview because I waited for what felt like forever, and then finally I received an email saying "your application is still in screening" on August 15th. And then I finally received the interview offer on August 22nd. So for me, it seemed like it took forever! lol but I know there were people at my same interview day who submitted their CASPA in August (mine was submitted in June) so it obviously didn't take as long for them....

Just be patient!!! For me, it took awhile, but it ended up being worth it! Rosalind Franklin is a wonderful school! It was amazing even to interview there!

My application only just now entered screening after becoming complete 2 days ago. To those who have interviewed, what was the process like? And were you coming from out of state? If invited, I'll be coming from Detroit, MI and will likely stay the night before the interview. Good luck everyone!

Hi everyone, 

Can I ask how long it took (after the "your application is under consideration with the Admissions Committee" email) to find out whether you received an interview or not? I received that email on Sept. 17th and haven't heard anything back yet on my status.

Thanks!

Same.  I got the application in screening email on Sept 10.  Still no word yet.  I really hope its not too late

Same.  I got the application in screening email on Sept 10.  Still no word yet.  I really hope its not too late

I definitely don't think it's too late. I was accepted on September 24th after having my interview on the 13th. While there, they said they conduct one interview session a month from September through February, so you definitely still have time to get an interview in the next few months. My CASPA was verified on July 22nd and I received an email from RFUMS asking for an interview on August 28th. Waiting is the hardest part - just stay positive! Good luck!

I definitely don't think it's too late. I was accepted on September 24th after having my interview on the 13th. While there, they said they conduct one interview session a month from September through February, so you definitely still have time to get an interview in the next few months. My CASPA was verified on July 22nd and I received an email from RFUMS asking for an interview on August 28th. Waiting is the hardest part - just stay positive! Good luck!

Great, thank you so much for the info!  Its good to know that all hope isn't lost.  I've already gotten one rejection email and had to call to find out that another program I applied to had already filled it cohort -___-

My application only just now entered screening after becoming complete 2 days ago. To those who have interviewed, what was the process like? And were you coming from out of state? If invited, I'll be coming from Detroit, MI and will likely stay the night before the interview. Good luck everyone!

I live in Naperville, IL so I just drove up for the interview since its only about an hour drive for me...The process was actually pretty laid back considering all the anxiety lol...everyone there (especially the current students) was so nice! I definitely felt the most confident and relaxed at this interview when compared with my other interviews.....some of the other schools really want you to feel intimidated at the interview because they want to see how you do under stress (which I totally understand), but RFUMS was not like that....they were basically like "we've determined from your application that we like you so now we are just trying to find out more about you to see how you'd fit in the program"

I'm going to repost part of a thread that I answered in response to what the interview process is like just in case you guys haven't looked back that far!

"There are about 30-40 people in an interview session. This is that way since we only do one session per month. You will be separated (you'll find out which group you're in at check-in; I believe it was delineated by the color of your nametag) into groups of about 6 or so. Each group will have a different rotation. The whole session starts with a presentation about Rosalind that is typically given by a couple of people on the Executive Council of the first year class. That's where you'll meet me! There is a tour of the school that is conducted by a first year, then you will move to a room to ask questions of a few second year students. You may have some lag time in there somewhere as you wait to move to your next station. I think snacks were in there somewhere haha! And then, of course, the actual interview happens. You will be paired with a faculty member and a current student will also be in the room with you to aid in the interview process. They are there to put you at ease :) Remember, we were on the other side of that table. The interview is challenging but remember to keep it professional and conversational. Let them know who you are. Remember, they wanted to interview you to see if you live up to your CASPA app and essay. Be the person you are in your essay. You know in your every day interactions that people can see whether you're sincere, driven, etc. Show that. You'll do great!"

Hope that helps in terms of what to expect on interview day!

Staci

Archived