Application Cycle 2013-2014

We will not have an interview day in November. There is normally one but due to faculty schedules/holidays it was tough to get one in there this year. The next interview date after 10/25 will be December 6th. Then there will be two more; one in January and one in February. Hang in there!

Thanks for the update!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not too late. RFUMS has rolling admissions, so while you have a better chance of being accepted if you apply very early (fewer names in contention), you are considered separately for each interview date. So just because they didn't ask you to interview in October doesn't mean you're out of the running for the December, January, and February dates. You'll just have more competition as more people finish their application files and are considered alongside you.

I'm such an addict... Graduated and still creeping on the school forum. :-) Good luck everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

My application was verified in early September, and I've gotten the "your email is under review" email twice already (once in mid September, another one just yesterday). I'm a little worried as the next interview is this week. Do they tend to hold off on all applications and give decisions (rejection all at the end? this is my number one school and I'd be thrilled to be here!!

No I know for a fact that they have been sending rejection letters as they go...not all at once at the end of the cycle....I received that email a couple of times before I was offered an interview so don't stress too much! I heard the next interview date after this coming one is in December so you might have to wait a little bit but don't give up! I really love RFUMS, and I can't wait to start there in May :-)

Do you know the start date in May? Just curious :) congrats on your acceptance! I recently submitted my app so hoping to hear something soon!

also like I told the other person...I have been told there won't be an interview in November so the next one would be in December...so you might have to wait a bit but it'll be worth it :-)

I am actually from the area and didn't know a whole lot about it...but I went to visit the campus a couple of times during their informational sessions and absolutely loved it...the more I find out about the program and the more I talk to current students and faculty, the more I love the program :-) I hope you get an interview!!

Hey everyone! Has anyone heard of people recieving invites to the Dec. 6th interview yet? My application was mailed on Aug. 18th and I still haven't heard anything since the "your application is under review" email. I have an interview the next day (Dec. 7th) and am waiting to book my travel for that one until I hear from RFUMS... just starting to get anxious! :)

No I know for a fact that they have been sending rejection letters as they go...not all at once at the end of the cycle....I received that email a couple of times before I was offered an interview so don't stress too much! I heard the next interview date after this coming one is in December so you might have to wait a little bit but don't give up! I really love RFUMS, and I can't wait to start there in May :-)

Thank you so much ceschlorf! You sure calmed my nerves. Will keep staying patient. 

I submitted my CASPA mid/late August. I was wondering if anyone had an idea of how many students have been accepted so far? Do you know how many more interview sessions they will be having and/or if they are still sending invites for interviews? I am hoping they will continue sending invites through November and December, but not sure how far into the new year they have interviews. I have read on previous threads they accept a good number of people off the waiting list... Does anyone know if that is true? If anyone who has been admitted wouldn't mind sharing their STATS? You can email me at wo2@comcast.net

Hey everyone!

Just to update all of you again on interview dates. We just had one on the 25th of October and our next one isn't until December 6th. I'm hosting that one again so you'll see me there :) The one after that will be on January 10th and then February 7th. That has got to be kind of annoying getting that e-mail twice. Come to think of it, I may have had that happen when I applied too...but it's been a year and a half ago so I've bumped some of that info from my brain to make room for all of the stuff in PA school, ha!

If you are really curious, I never think it's a bad thing to just call admissions and just ask what the status of your application is and when you might expect to hear from them. Especially since some of you last heard from them in September. I think that's totally reasonable to call. I will tell you that initial screening of your apps goes through admissions first (as in University admissions, not PA admissions) so this might be where the hang up is. Once those people determine that your app should be pushed on, then it moves on. Sometimes things like unfinished prereqs can hold up an app so if you have finished any since you have submitted your CASPA, definitely update the school and see if that helps things! Let me know if you have any other questions. Keep trying to be patient!!!!

i also just got accepted! :) can't wait!

i'm definitely excited, but i also wanted to clarify if anybody happens to know. During the interview circuit at other schools, I overheard a discussion between applicants about how rosalind franklin is looked down upon/was revoked their accreditation recently. I never realized rosalind franklin had this reputation/had their accreditation questioned in the slightest but i wanted to see if anybody knew any knowledge about this/could shed some light on this. regardless, i had a great time at the interview session and loved what the school had to offer. just wanted to get as much information as possible :) Thanks!

i also just got accepted! :) can't wait!

i'm definitely excited, but i also wanted to clarify if anybody happens to know. During the interview circuit at other schools, I overheard a discussion between applicants about how rosalind franklin is looked down upon/was revoked their accreditation recently. I never realized rosalind franklin had this reputation/had their accreditation questioned in the slightest but i wanted to see if anybody knew any knowledge about this/could shed some light on this. regardless, i had a great time at the interview session and loved what the school had to offer. just wanted to get as much information as possible :) Thanks!

I hadn't heard anything about that....Rosalind Franklin is still listed as accredited on the ARC-PA website (updated October 9th, 2013), and it says it's next review date is in 2020....

were you maybe thinking of Malcolm x? They aren't accepting applications this year and they no longer show up on the ARC-PA wesbite...

Hey all!

I will take the question regarding the "accreditation" issue. There is NO accreditation that has been revoked in regards to the PA program and in regards to any other program at Rosalind. The medical school was recently put on probationary status. They are considered a separate college. The PA program is housed in the College of Health Professions (CHP.) We recently had our site visit last spring and were granted the highest accreditation level possible, which is 7 years. Our program has never been on probation and given our recent prolonged accreditation, I don't foresee it ever happening, especially given the capable hands our program is in, with Michel Statler as the program director. In regards to PA program accreditation status, you can always consult the ARC-PA for that information and you'll see Rosalind is accredited until 2020. Occasionally there are people who are uninformed about how accreditation works and so spread this misinformation around (and you never know if these applicants have been fed misinformation or could potentially be upset at not having received an interview offer at an institution and therefore want to put a program in a bad light...you just never know.) Please let me know if you have any questions!

Staci

Archived