Application Cycle 2013-2014

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Certainly...3.48 cum GPA, 3.22 sGPA (top 20-undergrad), 4.0 post-bacc GPA (21-credits). 2,000+ patient care hours. Submitted CASPA on June 18th. Reapplicant. Hope that helps a bit and good luck! I moved my interview to October 25th, so there should be another spot open for the September interview.

Hey!

You're welcome! It's the least that I can do. I know what a stressful process that applying can turn into. I had several interviews and each school does them a little bit differently but I left Ros feeling very welcomed. You guys will definitely see me at some point during the day. The day starts with check-in and you mingle with other interviewees in our student union. It's a little nerve-wracking but you will for sure find someone to strike up a conversation with! My "buddy" at my Rosalind interview is now one of my good friends in class! There are about 30-40 people in an interview session. This is that way since we only do one session per month. You will be separated (you'll find out which group you're in at check-in; I believe it was delineated by the color of your nametag) into groups of about 6 or so. Each group will have a different rotation. The whole session starts with a presentation about Rosalind that is typically given by a couple of people on the Executive Council of the first year class. That's where you'll meet me! There is a tour of the school that is conducted by a first year, then you will move to a room to ask questions of a few second year students. You may have some lag time in there somewhere as you wait to move to your next station. I think snacks were in there somewhere haha! And then, of course, the actual interview happens. You will be paired with a faculty member and a current student will also be in the room with you to aid in the interview process. They are there to put you at ease :) Remember, we were on the other side of that table. The interview is challenging but remember to keep it professional and conversational. Let them know who you are. Remember, they wanted to interview you to see if you live up to your CASPA app and essay. Be the person you are in your essay. You know in your every day interactions that people can see whether you're sincere, driven, etc. Show that. You'll do great!

Does that answer your questions?

My application was fully processed and accepted on August 9th and I received the email about the September interview August 27th. I had 3940 hours clinical experience primarily as an emergency department technician and as a paramedic, and 4460 hours in biomedical research. My GPA profile is 89 hours of sciences with a GPA of 3.17, 63 hours non-sciences with a GPA of 3.45, overall hours 152 with a GPA of 3.30. I have 10 post-baccalaureate credits with a GPA of 4.0. GRE Scores were Q: 153 (53%) V: 154 (62%) A: 4.5 (78%).

Can't wait to meet everyone else who got interview offers and good luck to everyone who applied! My GPA wasn't the best as an undergraduate, but I have worked really hard at improving that and putting in my time for clinical experience to get an interview, so it's possible even with a "non-competitive GPA"!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived