Application/Interviews 2013-2014

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So my CASPA app was mailed out to schools in early July.... I still haven't heard anything. good or not good?

Also, when do interviews go until?  I'm a bit worried because I have yet to hear back from most of the programs I've applied to so i don't really know what the delay is all about.... I feel like they would have rejected or offered me an interview by now so I don't really understand what is going on... anyone have any ideas for me??

I have my interview in January. I wish I could have scheduled it sooner, but I am located in Dallas so I had work conflicts. Hopefully postponing it till then doesn't do too much damage :-/ I am very excited about coming to Arizona. My mentor went to PA school there and she has told me such great things. I am doing everything to get prepared for my interview, but would greatly appreciate any advice. I am very nervous!!

Congrats on the interview! I was nervous during the interview, so I understand. I can't offer to much advice, other than to be prepared so that you can relax and be yourself during the interview.

So my CASPA app was mailed out to schools in early July.... I still haven't heard anything. good or not good?

Also, when do interviews go until?  I'm a bit worried because I have yet to hear back from most of the programs I've applied to so i don't really know what the delay is all about.... I feel like they would have rejected or offered me an interview by now so I don't really understand what is going on... anyone have any ideas for me??

I'm in the same boat you are. At this point I just want to get a rejection notice if that is the case so I can move on. 

I'm in the same boat you are. At this point I just want to get a rejection notice if that is the case so I can move on. 

Seriously. I am going crazy and at this point would just like to know one way or the other. Everyone I've talked to has told me that the schools create an "interview waiting list" so hopefully we are on that list and will eventually be getting a good notice because other people decide they do not want to attend the program/ do not get accepted after their interviews :) I'm trying to stay positive.

I know it's painful but don't give up hope. Last year my CASPA was completed late September and I didn't hear anything until February. I didn't receive a waitlist/rejection/interview notice until the first time they contacted me in February for the interview. Tomorrow is day 2 of Q2 finals so it worked out alright =)

I encourage you to contact admissions and follow up with them. There's always the chance that some minor piece is holding up your application. Good luck everyone, and good luck to the interviewees tomorrow morning =)

Can someone that has interviewed speak about the facilities? Is there a cadaver lab for PA students only, simulation mannequins, rooms for practicing clinical skills? What tools are there to learn in this program other than going to lectures? I have found some info online but it is more helpful to hear from those that have already been there! Thank you. 

Also- does anyone know how many spots are still open out of the 90?

All of the above, really.  The cadaver lab facility itself is shared with other disciplines but I believe PA students, in a small groups, get to have their own cadaver to dissect from head to toe.  This is different from many schools who just use prosected bodies. 

During the tour we also got to see the building with the clinical rooms and the simulation mannequins so Midwestern has it all. 

I'm not a current student so I can't speak fully about the what resources are available but I know that lectures are recorded and accessible online, there is an open door policy with the faculty, and there are many resources available online and through the MWU network to help with the learning process.

So I'm trying not to panic which is almost impossible haha but they are still holding interviews? I applied mid July and haven't heard anything yet so I'm trying to stay positive.

My interview is in December and they had slots for January when I scheduled it. Their website states they interview through Feb so don't worry to much!

All of the above, really.  The cadaver lab facility itself is shared with other disciplines but I believe PA students, in a small groups, get to have their own cadaver to dissect from head to toe.  This is different from many schools who just use prosected bodies. 

During the tour we also got to see the building with the clinical rooms and the simulation mannequins so Midwestern has it all. 

I'm not a current student so I can't speak fully about the what resources are available but I know that lectures are recorded and accessible online, there is an open door policy with the faculty, and there are many resources available online and through the MWU network to help with the learning process.

Thank you so much for this great information!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My interview is on Tuesday! I am so nervous, but VERY EXCITED! I can't wait to meet y'all :)

Congrats on the interview. I'll actually be there that day as a student ambassador so please feel free to say hi and ask any questions you might have, or if you have any questions about the process I'd be happy to answer them =)

Steven

Sorry I didn't see that you responded. The interview was great! Now that I've had a few I can honestly say that. They were very laid back and didn't do anything to try to trick you. Basic questions and then a group interaction. Lasts about 45 minutes but felt very fast. Message me if you have any other questions :) I got accepted!

Is anyone going to the February interview?

Hi Nicole!  My name is Shannon and I will be interviewing on February 11th.  It's weeks away, but I'm already so nervous! And very excited - Midwestern is a great school and I am thrilled to even be interviewing. How are you feeling?  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just received an interview invite yesterday for March 11th, after previous rejection letter shortly after submission of CASPA application in early July.  Was not expecting that at all, I guess anything is possible! 

I also got an invite for March 11 and am still deciding if I should interview as I already got accepted into AT Still (may open up a spot for someone!) Good luck at the interview, I may see you there!

Archived