Application/Interviews 2013-2014

I also got an invite for March 11 and am still deciding if I should interview as I already got accepted into AT Still (may open up a spot for someone!) Good luck at the interview, I may see you there!

I would encourage you to go. Being able to choose between two programs would be an awesome "problem" to have. If after interviewing with MWU you still don't feel it, it will just confirm that you were right about picking AT Still. If it were me, I'd rather have the opportunity to say no, than to never see what I could be missing.

Good luck either way!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello

If anyone can help me or give me advise it would be greatly appreciated.

My name is Dany I'm an International Medical Graduate. My transcripts are validated by WES and IERF as a bachelors degree with an overall GPA of 3.64. I'm currently taking BIO201 and BIO202. I've been preparing for the GRE and I'm taking it next month. Medical experience, well I have my practice, and I work parttime as a nurse assistant (this is possible because I live bordertown qith Mexico). Letters of recommendation form one U.S MD, a PA(shadowing), and a mexico MD. I will apply to Midwestern university this year. I just want to know based on your experience do you think I have a good chance getting an interview?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

If anyone can help me or give me advise it would be greatly appreciated.

My name is Dany I'm an International Medical Graduate. My transcripts are validated by WES and IERF as a bachelors degree with an overall GPA of 3.64. I'm currently taking BIO201 and BIO202. I've been preparing for the GRE and I'm taking it next month. Medical experience, well I have my practice, and I work parttime as a nurse assistant (this is possible because I live bordertown qith Mexico). Letters of recommendation form one U.S MD, a PA(shadowing), and a mexico MD. I will apply to Midwestern university this year. I just want to know based on your experience do you think I have a good chance getting an interview?

Thanks

Everything you listed looks good.  Just make sure you have at least 500 hours of your work hours logged, and shadow a couple PAs for a combined 40 hours or so...try to get 50th percentile or above on the sections of the GRE.  The biggest thing though is to make sure you have all of your prereqs done, check MWU's website for a list of those prereqs.  I think you can have a couple that haven't been completed when applying to CASPA but need to be completed shortly after.  If you are just barely starting on prereqs just know that it typically takes about 2 years to complete them.  Goodluck!

• 2 months later...

Hey. I'm actually a current student at Midwestern University. I am planning on writing some blog entries about my experience, both for your information and also as a destressor for me :). Before I got into a program, I was really curious to know what PA school was REALLY like, not the general crap that they tell you at admissions (Ie: it's hard, come prepared to work).  if you're interested, shoot me a PM or email me at kaylaiwahashi@gmail.com for the web address. Thanks!

Archived