Application/Interviews 2013-2014

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They didn't have enough ob/gyn clinical rotations for males. Now they do. Just an FYI.

I knew that. Thanks though. I was more referring to people in general (ie potential employers/collegues in the medical field) not knowing what the probation was for but only knowing that the school was on probation. That is a concern that I have but others might be ok with it. It's a personal decision whether or not that would be an issue for you.

Read the thread about the probationary status as it will say more. The reason they were put on probationary status had everything to do with the clinical rotation side of things. Some students were not getting the proper clinical rotations, it had nothing to do with the quality of the instruction. The PANCE pass rates have always been around the national average (they are going to go up though!). They have since reduced their class size by about 20 students, increased their clinical site agreements, and brought on new faculty and a new director who is a renowned and highly respected PA and Doctor of Health Sciences - Dr. Simon. http://www.atsu.edu/soma/faculty_staff/dr_albert_simon_bio.htm He has also been making improvements to the didactic portion that I am excited about. They have another site review coming up and since they have made great efforts to address this concern, it is anticipated that they will regain full accreditation. Probationary status is a temporary thing that allows programs to improve and come back into compliance.

This is 100% the truth. I just interviewed earlier this week and I was so pleased with Dr Simon and the changes in the program. I walked into the interview a little skeptical like most students and walked out totally a believer in the program. I know that if I were to be accepted and chose to attend AT Still I would graduate as an excellent PA- and that's all that matters

I applied to this program at the end of July they received my application by middle of august and asked me to sent in my secondary application. I called them at that point and they said that they have a few interview spots left. I still haven't gotten a rejection or an interview from them. If all the interview spots have been filled I don't understand why they haven't sent me a rejection letter yet so I'm not kept in the dark. Has anyone else who applied as late as I did heard from them yet? I'm not sure if I should contact them about my application status or just keep waiting. Any advice?

I applied to this program at the end of July they received my application by middle of august and asked me to sent in my secondary application. I called them at that point and they said that they have a few interview spots left. I still haven't gotten a rejection or an interview from them. If all the interview spots have been filled I don't understand why they haven't sent me a rejection letter yet so I'm not kept in the dark. Has anyone else who applied as late as I did heard from them yet? I'm not sure if I should contact them about my application status or just keep waiting. Any advice?

I'm in the same boat. I received the supplemental app on 8/19 and called to see if there were any interview spots left. They told me there were very few spots left, so I went ahead and submitted my supp app on 8/20. I haven't heard anything since, not even a rejection letter. I also want to call and ask, but I don't want to look impatient. Should we just wait it out?

Read the thread about the probationary status as it will say more. The reason they were put on probationary status had everything to do with the clinical rotation side of things. Some students were not getting the proper clinical rotations, it had nothing to do with the quality of the instruction. The PANCE pass rates have always been around the national average (they are going to go up though!). They have since reduced their class size by about 20 students, increased their clinical site agreements, and brought on new faculty and a new director who is a renowned and highly respected PA and Doctor of Health Sciences - Dr. Simon. http://www.atsu.edu/soma/faculty_staff/dr_albert_simon_bio.htm He has also been making improvements to the didactic portion that I am excited about. They have another site review coming up and since they have made great efforts to address this concern, it is anticipated that they will regain full accreditation. Probationary status is a temporary thing that allows programs to improve and come back into compliance.

rcreek,

Thank you for your information! I'm glad to know that the school is making changes to support the continuing education of their students.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the same boat. I received the supplemental app on 8/19 and called to see if there were any interview spots left. They told me there were very few spots left, so I went ahead and submitted my supp app on 8/20. I haven't heard anything since, not even a rejection letter. I also want to call and ask, but I don't want to look impatient. Should we just wait it out?

I also received the supplemental on 08/19, and submitted on 08/20. Are you still waiting to hear back? 

• 2 weeks later...

I got accepted :) what a relief!  It is close to home, tuition is reasonable, faculty is awesome, and Mesa is a wonderful city I can't WAIT to have a winter with no snow! 47th of 50 students!  I dont care which number I am just as long as I get to become a PA-C someday.

I got accepted :) what a relief!  It is close to home, tuition is reasonable, faculty is awesome, and Mesa is a wonderful city I can't WAIT to have a winter with no snow! 47th of 50 students!  I dont care which number I am just as long as I get to become a PA-C someday.

Congrats!!! I am so happy for you!!!

Archived