Interviews for 2013-2014 cycle

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to those who have gotten in! The 2015s can't wait to meet you all! So last year we started a Facebook group just for us (class of 2015 only) and then we were also invited to a Facebook group that was setup by the class ahead of us (class of 2014) so we could ask them questions during the duration of PA school.

So just be aware that you will be getting an invite to a Facebook group that already has been created that comprises of all the class of 2015. I would still suggest making a second Facebook group exclusive to the class of 2016 for your own internal communications.

For those who haven't gotten a response yet, just hang tight. No news isn't news. As people are being informed of their acceptances there is still a process which includes turning in a $1,000 deposit within a 2 week time frame. I would say it would be premature to assume the decision result at this point in time.

I know for my class some people weren't accepted until March / April who interviewed with me in October. So stay positive!

Also be aware you may get an email somewhere along the lines about the MHS program. This email is independent of the PA program and is sent to all applicants to the DO and PA program. I'm saying this because we all freaked out last year when we got the MHS advertisement.

I would do both.

There were some issues last session with acceptances and paperwork. luckily it was all resolved and no one was harmed but I wouldn't take any chances.

What I did was make sure there was no room for error (lol because last year the PA Admission coordinator moved on to another position and there was a vacancy).

So when I was accepted:

- I told them over the phone

- I followed-up with an email

- I sent that deposit in right away and get a receipt of the transaction.

- I also faxed the paper that has to be signed and kept the fax receipt

- Then I sent the signed form of acceptance via priority mail and got a confirmation of delivery.

- Then I followed up and confirmed that they received my paperwork and then recapped it with another email.

But then again I was paranoid and wanted to make sure there was no room for error.

= o)

Hey every one (who got accepted), wud you mind sharing your stats? just wanted to have an idea where do i stand :(

I am schedule for dec 18

Stats don't matter once you have an interview. The faculty has already thought you were good enough on paper to be admitted to the program and just want to meet you at this point. Just keep calm, smile, and be yourself when you interview. They already have the reasons to accept you, so just don't mess up. =o)

Hey there accepted and hopefuls!

I'm a member of the PA 2015 class as well. Reading through this thread reminds me of how excited I was when I got accepted; congratulations to those of you that were, and good luck to those that are awaiting final decisions! I overheard faculty say, "The first 30 have been accepted," which means that there are 30-35 roster spots left, so breathe easy if you've yet to interview. Speaking of interviews, I'll be one of four class of 2015 students giving campus tours during the December 4th interview date. I look forward to meeting you guys!

I love this school even more now than I did when I was interviewed, and I loved it then. I hope your experience here is just as pleasant. I'll do my part -- so if you hate it, it's your own damn fault ;-) Let me know if you have any last minute, burning questions! I'll do my best to reply. 

All the best,

Anthony 

So excited to attend school here! What do the current students do in their free time (if there is any) or for fun?

Hey there accepted and hopefuls!

I'm a member of the PA 2015 class as well. Reading through this thread reminds me of how excited I was when I got accepted; congratulations to those of you that were, and good luck to those that are awaiting final decisions! I overheard faculty say, "The first 30 have been accepted," which means that there are 30-35 roster spots left, so breathe easy if you've yet to interview. Speaking of interviews, I'll be one of four class of 2015 students giving campus tours during the December 4th interview date. I look forward to meeting you guys!

I love this school even more now than I did when I was interviewed, and I loved it then. I hope your experience here is just as pleasant. I'll do my part -- so if you hate it, it's your own damn fault ;-) Let me know if you have any last minute, burning questions! I'll do my best to reply. 

All the best,

Anthony 

Hey AAmbrosino, 

Thanks for the updates on the interview process.  I was wondering if you had any tips or advice for the actual interview itself?  My interview will be on December 4th so looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the class of 2015.  I got a lot of help from here already as far as what types of questions may be asked, but seeing if there is anything else to maybe think about or expect that day?  What do you like best about the school up to this point?  Thanks again for the tips and just information.  It helps a lot!!  

Also does anyone else have an interview for this upcoming Wednesday, December 4th?  It would be awesome to connect now and suffer through the anxiety together :)  

Good luck to those still waiting!  

Hey AAmbrosino, 

Thanks for the updates on the interview process.  I was wondering if you had any tips or advice for the actual interview itself?  My interview will be on December 4th so looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the class of 2015.  I got a lot of help from here already as far as what types of questions may be asked, but seeing if there is anything else to maybe think about or expect that day?  What do you like best about the school up to this point?  Thanks again for the tips and just information.  It helps a lot!!  

Also does anyone else have an interview for this upcoming Wednesday, December 4th?  It would be awesome to connect now and suffer through the anxiety together :)  

Good luck to those still waiting!  

No problem! I'm not sure what I could tell you that you haven't already heard before, but I think it's important to reiterate that you should be yourself. I interviewed at 5 schools when I was applying, and TUN's interview was by far the most comfortable experience of them all. They didn't ask me any trick questions, and everyone was extremely friendly. If memory serves me, I was asked the typical, "Why do you want to be a PA (as opposed to an NP or doctor)." Otherwise, the interviewers spent more time discussing my personal statement and my clinical hours with me. As impossible as it may actually be, they're using that 20 min interview to get to know you as a person in a way that your personal statement, letters of rec, and grades cannot attest to. 

As far as what I like best about TUN, that's tough. I can give you a short list... 

1. Your education is top notch, e.g., our immunology professor returned to the U.S. only a few days before giving us our first lecture because he was in Mumbai, India giving a lecture to medical students there in the preceding days.
  2. The staff is overwhelmingly helpful and friendly in the best of ways. There is a reason that TUN has such a small attrition rate, and I believe it starts with the PA faculty.
  3. Everything that you need in is one building. I'll admit at first I wasn't impressed with the campus. I likened it to a giant Costco warehouse with sectioned off areas for each medical school lol, but now I have really grown to appreciate the convenience of having everything close by. You're literally < 3 min walk from the OSCE rooms, anatomy lab, basketball court, gym, professor offices, library, and cafeteria from anywhere on the campus. Plus, I think I overestimated the amount of time I'd have to walk about on campus. Haha

Hope this info helps! On the bright side of things, you've been awarded an interview! That puts you in at least the top 7.5% of applicants. Lookin' forward to meeting you on Wednesday! 

Forgot to pass this out to those that interviewed today, but I keep a weekly-biweekly blog about my time out here in PA school -- stuff I'm learning, what I do in my free time, and etc. Some of you may find it interesting, some may find it laughable. Regardless, here it is: reviewofsystems.wordpress.com 

Best of luck to all those that interviewed and will be interviewing!! 

Forgot to pass this out to those that interviewed today, but I keep a weekly-biweekly blog about my time out here in PA school -- stuff I'm learning, what I do in my free time, and etc. Some of you may find it interesting, some may find it laughable. Regardless, here it is: reviewofsystems.wordpress.com 

Best of luck to all those that interviewed and will be interviewing!! 

Hey anthony,

i need an advice. i just find out about the mistake i made on my application. and i have an interview next week. 

I just recently find out that there was an option on the application regarding to "Other Work Experience" , which I mistakenly over looked at the time of submission. My whole overseas work history was not related to the medical field. all other options given on the application were about the experience related to the medical field therefore I was under the false impression that I can only submit my medical related experience information only. therefore i only submitted my shadowing experience details.
But  i did mention in the narrative that i was working from a very young age (but did not mention the type of work).

wat shud i do now? do u think it gonna be a negative impact on my application? how can i update that information with out negatively effecting my position at the interview. :( 

would appreciate the guidance in this regard.

Hey anthony,

i need an advice. i just find out about the mistake i made on my application. and i have an interview next week. 

I just recently find out that there was an option on the application regarding to "Other Work Experience" , which I mistakenly over looked at the time of submission. My whole overseas work history was not related to the medical field. all other options given on the application were about the experience related to the medical field therefore I was under the false impression that I can only submit my medical related experience information only. therefore i only submitted my shadowing experience details.
But  i did mention in the narrative that i was working from a very young age (but did not mention the type of work).

wat shud i do now? do u think it gonna be a negative impact on my application? how can i update that information with out negatively effecting my position at the interview. :( 

would appreciate the guidance in this regard.

First and foremost, I would refer you to CASPA for the answer to your question, because they would know best. However, as something similar to this happened to me, I think I know what they'll tell you. Since your CASPA is already completed and submitted, there is no possibility of altering it at this point. The only thing (I think) you can do is contact each school you applied to individually and ask what their policy is to supplement your CASPA. If they allow you to supplement, then you can fax or email your "other work experience" to the school and they can add it to your file. At this point in the game, it may be too late for this additional work experience to make much of a difference, but if it's worth it to you to do it, then go for it! Also, to answer your other question, I can't imagine that adding this information will be of any detriment to your application/interview status whatsoever.

Hope this helps.

First and foremost, I would refer you to CASPA for the answer to your question, because they would know best. However, as something similar to this happened to me, I think I know what they'll tell you. Since your CASPA is already completed and submitted, there is no possibility of altering it at this point. The only thing (I think) you can do is contact each school you applied to individually and ask what their policy is to supplement your CASPA. If they allow you to supplement, then you can fax or email your "other work experience" to the school and they can add it to your file. At this point in the game, it may be too late for this additional work experience to make much of a difference, but if it's worth it to you to do it, then go for it! Also, to answer your other question, I can't imagine that adding this information will be of any detriment to your application/interview status whatsoever.

Hope this helps.

Thanx Anthony. for your advice.

Archived