Interviews for 2013-2014 cycle

... Mine is scheduled for Oct. 2

I too have an interview at TUN on Oct. 2nd! So excited! We have had at least two PA students from TUN that I remember who did rotations in the emergency department where I work. I had a lot of time to talk with them. The program is close (I live in Utah), which will be easier for my wife and kids, but of course that is not the only reason I would love to attend.

Since somebody else asked, I will post some basic stats:

Cumulative Undergrad GPA (non-science): 3.87

Science GPA: 3.86

BCP (biology, chemistry, physics) GPA: 3.82

HCE: About 4,500 direct patient care, and over 1,000 hours other health care experience.

I wish everyone the best!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
I just had Touro Nevada added to my programs on CASPA. Just so I know how much time to budget to complete the supplemental. Are there many essays to do for it?

Hey Aiviphung,

From speaking with admissions I've been informed that all interview slots have been filled for the 2013-2014 application cycle. TUN has rolling admissions so it is first come first serve for spots. So I'd save the money and apply next year but its too late for this year. From what I was told all interview slots were filled before the end of July hit. So I wish you luck and hope you do get into a program this year, but keep your chin up if it doesn't happen. At least you know for next time.

Hey Aiviphung,

From speaking with admissions I've been informed that all interview slots have been filled for the 2013-2014 application cycle. TUN has rolling admissions so it is first come first serve for spots. So I'd save the money and apply next year but its too late for this year. From what I was told all interview slots were filled before the end of July hit. So I wish you luck and hope you do get into a program this year, but keep your chin up if it doesn't happen. At least you know for next time.

Thanks so much. I really appreciate the heads up.

I applied to this program towards the middle of August. They told me at that time the interview slots were almost full but not completely. I haven't heard anything back from them. Has anyone else who applied that late heard anything back?

I applied late July and submitted my supplemental early August. I have not heard anything as of yet either.

Just wanted to let you guys know that the interview at Touro NV is THE MOST KICK BACK interview of them all. I interviewed at LLU, Western, Touro California and of those schools the Touro Nevada interview was the most different and kick back interview. Do not worry and just BE YOURSELF, I know they say that for every school but this school's interview was just to get to know you... so they will ask questions about YOU to get to know you at a personal level rather than the typical "what's a PA? what does a Pa do?"

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I currently got to Touro- Class of 2015. I think what is important in the interview Qs are:

1) Why do you want to be a PA?

2) Why Touro?

3) What field do you want to go into, we really care about the medically underserved at Touro and primary care

4) Can you handle the course load? How are your time management skills?

Most of all PREPARE and be yourself. Practice these questions and you will do fine. Be excited to be there and it is ok to be nervous, it just proves that you really want this! Good luck everyone, any questions feel free to message Me.

Lauren

Hi everyone, I currently got to Touro- Class of 2015. I think what is important in the interview Qs are:

1) Why do you want to be a PA?

2) Why Touro?

3) What field do you want to go into, we really care about the medically underserved at Touro and primary care

4) Can you handle the course load? How are your time management skills?

Most of all PREPARE and be yourself. Practice these questions and you will do fine. Be excited to be there and it is ok to be nervous, it just proves that you really want this! Good luck everyone, any questions feel free to message Me.

Lauren

how is the program so far? Can you give us some pros and cons about the school and program. 

First off congrats to all of you who had an interview already or have one scheduled and good luck to those still applying!  

I was contacted by Touro about two weeks ago that I was on the wait list for interviews and I ended up getting an interview for December 4th.  Does anyone else have an interview on that day?  

Archived