Hello guys, I just received an interview for the Rutgers program, but I've already accepted an invitation to PCOM. Can those who have either been accepted or completely have their hearts set on Rutgers tell me what sets Rutgers apart from other schools? There is no wrong answer, I just want to make sure I've done my homework before making a decision on Rutgers. Thanks!!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Congrats on everyone accepted! I just got invited for an interview. I live in Las Vegas so I am trying to get everything situated to get there for my January 15th interview. I had a question about the interviews. It seems my individual interview slot is the last one at 12:30-1:00pm. What do you do while the others are interviewing? For those accepted, do you have any suggestions of tips for interview day?

The interview day is very similar to interviews at other programs. You walk into the PA building and are asked to sign in and pick up a packet and name tag. There is a short information session, financial aid information and a brief tour of the medical school and lab facilities. While others are interviewing you will likely just sit and talk with other prospective students or ask faculty members questions about the program. Just be yourself. I was asked the same textbook questions at every other interview besides this one. The faculty is very familiar with your application and essay and will ask you questions that are specific to you. Be prepared to answer questions about weaknesses as well as emphasize your strengths as an applicant. I will be attending this August! 

Good Luck

• 3 weeks later...

The Adcom calls some students right away because they are exactly what their looking for in a PA-S. All the other interviewees going into purgatory until all interviews are complete. Then they deliberate on who gets offered the last few seats. At this time, they also make the alternative list. So you could still get in!!! Be patient grasshopper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived