Is this is a deal breaker for the PA program?

Hi Everyone,

Im currently a Critical Care Flight Paramedic with over 9 years of clinical experience. Im hoping to apply to the MDC PA program for 2013 and am currently finishing up some prereqs. My GPA is 3.34 and I have lots of shadowing hours. The problem is I have 2 "W"'s from 2003. Is this something that will reflect negative and affect my chances of getting accepted into the program?

• 3 weeks later...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I've been hearing that by 2020, all PA schools must offer a master degree. Not entirely sure how this will affect the few remaining AS programs. And your Ws shouldn't be an issue. As long as your prerequisites are good and you've retaken those Ws (I had a W and a D and similar experience/grades).

• 3 weeks later...

Just a heads up for all those concerned about the masters thing, MDC now offers a bridge (example if you have your BS prior to starting program you can finish with masters via partnership they have during clinical year with St Francis University). For those without a 4 year degree, they also offer a B.S. after you graduate with a two semester accelerated masters program.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

@jfernandez: 

Did you end up applying? any luck or point outs about the exam? 

I would really apreciated it as I'm currently applying. 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

Im currently a Critical Care Flight Paramedic with over 9 years of clinical experience. Im hoping to apply to the MDC PA program for 2013 and am currently finishing up some prereqs. My GPA is 3.34 and I have lots of shadowing hours. The problem is I have 2 "W"'s from 2003. Is this something that will reflect negative and affect my chances of getting accepted into the program?

Archived