Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'cc'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Professional Physician Assistant
    • Professional PA General Discussion
    • Medical Billing & Coding
    • Specialties
    • Military
    • State Specific Discussion
    • Physician Assistant Residency
    • Physician Assistant Owned Practice
    • Contracts, Negotiations & Malpractice
    • Physician Assistant Doctorate
  • International Physician Assistant Forum
    • International Physician Assistant
    • International Physician Assistant Schools
  • Physician Assistant Student Forums
  • Pre-PA

Categories

  • PA Profession
  • Medical
  • PANCE/PANRE Review
  • Pre-PA
  • Other

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


Profession

Found 4 results

  1. Hello, my sgpa is 2.4 and I registered for organic chemistry 2 and phlebotomy part 1 next semester but I missed the FAFSA deadline so I would be paying for the class with a credit card. my new dilemma is this.. there's this technical school that offers phlebotomy for only a month and half at $2k but it doesn't count as credit which was the reason why I signed up for PHLEB at a CC(it can help my GPA). the current bill at CC with PHLEB and ORGO is around $2k but ill be missing part two of PHLEB which I can take during the summer but that's another cost since I was once told FAFSA is not offered for summer semester. so my question is should I either: #1 drop organic 2 and pay for phlebotomy in the spring and part 2 in the summer and take organic 2 next fall #2 pay for the technical school and take organic 2 next fall #3 pay for the technical school and organic 2 ( this route will cost me around $3 -$4k maybe) I will be trying to get into the LPN program spring 2021 and phlebotomy offers such amazing skills that I would love to have that under my belt for PA school. as for LPN, I work closely with LPNS so I would love to have that kind of health care experience as well ( I am CNA) but also great pay. my plan C is medical laboratory technician if I don't get accepted in the LPN program. unfortunately the BS degree in medical scientist requires a GPA of 3.0 that's why im aiming at the associate degree instead. why mlt? the job looks fun, great science classes = boost my science gpa and higher pay than what im doing right now CNA. I already have 3 years worth of HCE and I would have PHLEB as my other set of HCE. my goal in general is obtain awesome skills, be financially stable and boost my PA application. unfortunately because my GPA is so low my options are pretty limited at least in my area. what im lacking in my application is my GPA. im not financially stable to take random hard core sciences without leading to a career, because what if im not competitive enough? then I could end up with no backup.
  2. Hi everyone, I know that there are a ton of posts about which route would be the best way to get to PA school but I want to get more advice/opinions for my own specific case. I took all of my pre-reqs at Rutgers University and graduated May 2017. I have shadowed an ER PA, a pediatrician and have worked as a medical scribe for over 1 year. I also recently started volunteering at UPenn as a nursing assistant. My cGPA: 3.31 and sGPA 2.89. I haven't taken my GRE yet but I plan to by the end of the year at the latest. I had my heart set on applying after 1 gap year but became very discouraged after I calculated my sGPA. I didn't realize that my sGPA did not meet the minimum to apply so I didn't want to spend all that money applying but end up getting rejected. With that being said, I know I need to take other science courses or retake some of the science courses I received a C in. I just don't know whether I should find a post-bacc program or just take some classes at CC to raise my GPA. After reading through many posts, I have a feeling that it does not matter where you take the courses, it just depends on how much money and time you are willing to spend. I know I also know I need to gain more PCE/HCE experience to become a better candidate. And at same time, I don't want to delay applying to PA programs any longer. What do you guys think I should do from here? One of the PAs who was going to write me an LOR said that I should maybe try to apply this year b/c schools like to see persistence. I'm just not sure of how to approach my situation. I was also interested in maybe being a physical therapy aide or a medical assistant but this requires a certification. Basically, I am asking for your advice on the best way to improve my application within the next year when I apply. I would really appreciate your advice and help!!! I have been very stressed out lately and it would mean so much to hear from you guys/your experience. Thank you so much for taking the time to read through my situation!!!
  3. Has anyone here used NEJM Knowledge Plus to get CME? What is the best CME sources for surgery/trauma/critical care that doesn't cost an arm and a leg plus my left kidney? Thanks
  4. Hey! I have read a few forums concerning my topic but have not found anything directly related, therefore I decided to start my own forum. So I went to community college my freshman year and transferred to a state school for my sophomore year (currently in first semester). The pre reqs I took at cc were general bio 1 and 2 with labs and inorganic chem 1 and 2 with labs. I have researched a few PA programs around me and out of the 9 that I plan on applying to only 1 requires Orgo 1. Therefore I am taking that now with lab and working really hard to get an A to show an upward trend since I got C's in inorganic chem 1 and 2 at my cc. I struggle heavily with chemistry but am amazing at biology (all A's so far) so I'm trying to work on my chem courses. For the schools I am applying to a lot of them don't require either orgo like I said, but most do require biochem 1. I was planning on finishing orgo 1 this semester and taking biochem 1 either in the spring or next fall. The problem is my school requires orgo 2 as a pre req to take biochem 1. I emailed the chem chair explaining my situation and asking if the orgo 2 pre req could be waived and she completely refused saying orgo 2 is necessary to understand biochem. I already struggle with chemistry and do not want to have to take a course that is extremely difficult if none of my pa programs require it and I also don't need it to graduate and get my bachelor's. My chairperson told me to take biochem at a community college if I really did not want to take orgo 2. However, I am aware it looks bad to go from a CC to a 4 year and then take pre reqs at the cc during the summer. Also at the cc it would be a lower level biochem 2000 level and at my college it's 4000 level. So my question is do I let my GPA suffer even more and take orgo 2 just so i can take biochem 1 at my school, or do I take all my remaining pre reqs at my school and then take biochem at the cc and risk looking lazy and like I'm taking the easy way out on my applications to PA school?
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More