Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

20 Excellent

About jer_sd

  • Rank


  • Profession
    Nurse Practitioner
  1. Few quick topics to add Payment is it 30 days after invoicing or when ever they get get around to it. I had one facility try to reimburse 6 months after services were provided. Duration of contract, does it automatically review? Method to cancel ect.. Company needs to provide access to nessisary systems to preform requested or customary duties (emr, security doors pacs system ect) Provider may want to include DEA registration in your list with acls ect
  2. I do quite a bit of this in my full time job. As a provider I can read, respond, prescribe and close out the encounter quickly. Half the time the RNs or admin staff don't know what to look up or collect correct information. It is faster to just do it myself. I limit my time in the pt message box to my first hour a day in the office before patients. If it comes in after that I get to it the next day. Urgent issues are handled by phone or same day clinic appointments. Since my salary is not linked to RVUs here I am more than happy to spend limited time responding for the physicians at this point I my life. We have actually seen improved patient satisfaction by having providers do this rather than RNs.
  3. If you just need a course to help with credentialing, NPI ofers cme workshops for col!onoscopy and egd this may be enough to start your process. Not low cost though Jeremy
  4. I chose to do % of collections rather than RVU. It is simpler to follow and have production reports from billing companies. Jeremy
  5. A non physician provider can do a problem focused visit before the admission visit. No problems there just document care provided and why you were asked to see pt. Jeremy
  6. Speaking as a NP. PA initial training is better, but after a few years in practice you will be comparable. NP has less flexibility in areas, if down the road you want to work psych you need more credentials, hospital privileges can be have obsticals for a FNP for procedures, for example one hospital I was credentialed PA automatically can apply for first assisting NP requires RNFA course (I agree with this type of restriction though) However looking at the cost difference between the programs I would encourage you to look at the FNP program. You might need further training down the road if your career goals change but if both paths reach your goal I vote for less debt and more savings. Jeremy
  7. For a peripheral IV catheter another great seldom used spot is GSV at the knee, quick ultrasound guided access and you have a decent peripheral IV.
  8. Keep it, nuclear cardiology and the increased use in oncology may give you a leg up in job applications in the future in thoes areas. ARRT and NMTCB are not expensive to keep up. State license may be more $$, but in th elong run it is easier to hold it than to get it back again.
  9. The billing company service is not free but the EMR is. I actually found this EMR from a billing service that has an affiliation with them.
  10. I was just looking at practice fusion earlier this week, the price is good for a new start up, and it has an arrangement for billing as well for a company that is decent price. You can always print the charts and change EMR once the practice is up and running and generating reinbursement. Jeremy
  11. Nope a PA can not just take the test to be a RN, just like a NP can not just take a test to be a PA. For the NCLEX-RN you need to graduate from a nursing program. https://www.excelsior.edu/ has a distance learning RN program a PA can do if you really want it. California a PA could probably challenge the NCLEX-LPN if they have 4 months experience in a hospital to get a LVN license.
  12. Vascualr ultrasound certifications fall into three main bodies: ARDMS- RVT coveres artery, veins, noninvasive testing. Need to pass physics exam and specilty exam can qualify based upon OJT (12 months experience) ARRT- VS not an option for a PA unless also have ARDMS, CNMT, RT®, or RT(T) certificaiton CCI- has RVS similar to RVT, they also have RPhS which is venous ultrasound only. OJT is an option requiring 6-12 months experience based on your previous education. You would need to have images stored and dictate a report same as any other imaging examination you are billing for. Jeremy
  13. Rather than fight medical staff I would just suck it up and take a course. Finding a 3 credit course that might teach you something possibly usefull is better in my mind than making enemies in the medical staff office. www.nifa.com has suture workshops or even surgical assistant program. They use to have an agreement with community colleges for credits when I did the RNFA course years ago. The surgical assistant program is under 3k which should be covered or clsoe to covered by your CE reinbursement. A quick google seach for online courses also found many other options. http://www.lorainccc.edu has three courses you might be able to just take one. http://www.lorainccc.edu 5k price www.madisonville.kctcs.edu http://meridian-institute.com Jeremy
  14. Off the top of my head Nystagmus can indicate vestibular dysfunction did you check Romberg?
  15. Taking a CE course would be helpful in joining a practice, not worth taking a full certificate program of 6 months to a year. You would not gain extra compensation unless you recieve a potion of collections then appropriate coding can help your salary. Jeremy
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More