Jump to content

irisheyes

Members
  • Content Count

    8
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

2 Neutral

About irisheyes

  • Rank
    Newbie

Profile

  • Profession
    Physician Assistant

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Thanks everyone! After some serious introspection, I did end up choosing school B. While it would be nice to have less debt in the long run, I think that what @PADisplayName said rings true: my heart is there. There are so many pros with school B that I cannot pass on the opportunity. I appreciate everyone's insight and input in this process, and I hope to be just as helpful to future PA students as you all have been for me.
  2. Both are January start but B is 25 months vs 27 months for A. So two months could be competitive.
  3. School B would be about 50-60 minute commute from my parents' place to the school. Plus its a January start in the Northeast, so I feel like it might be too far with snow being an additional risk factor. It's a good thought and I definitely have considered it. I would consider my situation to have these schools of thought be mutually exclusive, yes. Program B seems to have a lot in its favor in terms of what I want, however, Program A has cost in its favor, which is a significant criterion to evaluate. I feel that I would either regret missing the opportunity of going to Program B or regret the financial gains I could have had if I went to Program A. Like you said, it's a toss-up, and no one will really know the right answer about regrets except for me on graduation day, but I feel like if I pick some brains of people who've gone through this process, I am better equipped to make the best decision for me. What you said about patients' understanding of recognizable alma maters was interesting, and based upon my own experiences with how patients sometimes react to seeing a midlevel provider is something to definitely consider.
  4. Hello! I feel blessed to be coming to you guys with such a problem, but it's been weighing on me and need advice from current PA-S's and PA-C's. I have been accepted to two schools: School A which is 20 minutes away from my current living space and School B which is closer to my parents, but still about an hour away. Schools A and B seem pretty comparable in terms of curriculum, program length (A: 27 mo versus B: 25 mo), PANCE pass rates (A: 97 versus B: 99), tuition (a difference of 3K), and employment rates after graduation. The main differences that I see are that school B is associated with a medical school, so networking opportunities and strength in name and that school B will end up costing almost 40K more due to cost of living expenses. School B was my top choice prior to interviewing but was not the first school to get back to me, therefore, I have not placed my deposit. School B is also where most of my college friends settled and has an opportunity for research, which is important to me. School A has cheaper living costs, and somewhat of a support system from my current workplace friends. l have seen two basic schools of thought for this quandary, which include: Go to the cheapest school, you'll thank yourself later. Go to the school that you will regret not going to if you choose otherwise. Do you agree with either of these or have your own idea based on your own experience? Any anecdotes proving either correct or other statements would be helpful. Thanks in advance!
  5. Tufts sends a link to a portal to select interview dates with their invitation to interview, and as of right now their calendar only goes out to September 13th for availability. Hope this helps.
  6. It looks like the last interview session is scheduled for 9/13, so I would anticipate that most of us who received that email should hear back after they've interviewed all the candidates. Keep the faith, everyone.
  7. Has anyone received a formal rejection letter or any communication post-interview? I’ve been anxiously waiting to hear *anything* from the program for 3 weeks and wanted to know if anyone else was in the same boat.
  8. I've heard that they notify you of acceptance/rejection within 24 hours of your interview. Does anyone know how long you have to respond if they send you an acceptance?
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More