Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

2 Neutral

About PolakPA

  • Rank


  • Profession
    Physician Assistant Student

Recent Profile Visitors

230 profile views
  1. Has anyone ever used rozerem? Wondering if it's more effective than just regular melatonin.
  2. PolakPA

    PA to MD vs DO

    LMU is trying to pass the "Doctor of Medical Science Act" (DMS) program, For PAs that have 3 years of experience to be licensed as "new type of physician." It's a two year program. They're supposed to vote on it soon. It is not a bridge program, but a step in the right direction, I think. Bill Link: http://www.capitol.tn.gov/Bills/110/Bill/SB0850.pdf Tennessee legislative website: http://wapp.capitol.tn.gov/apps/billinfo/default.aspx?BillNumber=SB0850
  3. I see a lot of discouraging posts about PA ownership on this site. I hope to dabble in business someday and I'm looking for some encouragement. How much experience did you accumulate before you decided to branch out on your own? What are some of the things that allowed you to succeed and stand out as a PA in private practice? Also how have you gotten past the poor reimbursement rates that the profession faces?
  4. I Would like to get this ASAM certification when I'm done with PA school. Can I just have a collaborative agreement with a FM physician to obtain the certification? (will be practicing in MI) https://www.asam.org/resources/practice-resources/nurse-practitioners-and-physician-assistants-prescribing-buprenorphine
  5. PolakPA

    PA Owned "Hangover Clinic"

    Great question I want to open a clinic when I get out of PA school. Michigan law allows a PA to own up to 99% of the practice, the other 1% needs to be owned by a MD or DO. This is required for PC or PLLC licensure types. I hope we can get rid of this rule in the future as MAPA is picking up some momentum. However, I'm not sure about being an independent contractor. Please share if you find out anything about this.
  6. I know that private practice reimbursements are not the best from third-party payers for PAs. I was wondering if the following piece of legislation can aid with this in Michigan for private family practice: THE NONPROFIT HEALTH CARE CORPORATION REFORM ACT (EXCERPT) Act 350 of 1980 550.1401d Services performed by physician's assistant; reimbursement; conditions; applicability of section; supervision by physician; definitions. Sec. 401d. (1) Subject to subsections (2) and (3), if a health care corporation group or nongroup certificate provides for health care benefits for services performed by a physician's assistant, those benefits or reimbursement for those benefits at the prevailing rate shall not be denied if the services were performed by a physician's assistant acting within the scope of his or her license and provided that the following are met: (a) If the services were performed by a physician's assistant working for a physician or facility specializing in a particular area of medicine, a physician that specializes in that area of medicine was physically present on the premises when the physician's assistant performed the services. (b) If the services were performed by a physician's assistant working for a physician or facility engaging in general family practice, a physician need not have been physically present on the premises when the physician's assistant performed the services so long as a consulting physician is within 150 miles or 3 hours' commute to where the services are performed. (2) This section applies to a physician's assistant who performs services in any of the following: (a) A county with a population of 25,000 or less. (b) A certified rural health clinic. © A health professional shortage area. (3) For purposes of subsection (1), a physician supervising a physician's assistant shall do so from within Michigan or from a state bordering Michigan.

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More