Virginia: Mary Baldwin College

Is anyone else interviewing on December 6th?

I don't know about interviews on December 6th, but I was invited to interview on December 8th.  :)  

However, I just declined the interview as I have an acceptance at one of my desired schools as well as another interview or two that I am still considering (including one on 12/9 that would create a travel conflict to even attempt to attend this one in central VA on 12/8).  Hopefully, they'll give another applicant my slot.  

Best of luck!

I had a great experience at the interview - very relaxed, no trick questions - just a pleasant conversation. The school truly makes an effort to persuade you to choose them. They even gave us a parting gift - whoopie pies. However, the program is still so new and in a rural area that other schools were more appealing to me. I declined my acceptance but the whole experience really boosted my confidence. 

• 1 month later...

Good luck to you, perfectversec! How was your interview experience? Are they still doing interviews? Anyone accepted planning on attending, or anyone yet accepted off the waitlist?

Thank you! The interview experience was great. They are very inviting and just want to show you what an amazing program has been put together. They are there to just get to know you and want you to be relaxed and enjoy the interview and campus. I'm not sure if they are doing any more interviews! 

I still haven't heard anything back! Hopefully soon....

Did anyone receive a reject letter who interviewed before me?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have no idea; however, I think they said they were not going to go back on any decisions that they had made from the previous cycle. It seems that they are willing to accept hundreds of applicants for only a few slots. I don't think they're publicizing that this is the case. Would you be reapplying as well, patobe123? I mean, it could be as little as 3 slots; they did not tell me.

They pushed their accreditation review until September 2015, which means their inaugural class would start January 2016. They're not starting from scratch with their class though. It's all up in the air at this point for me, at least. I'm hoping to hear back from someone on this forum who got accepted. 

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had my interview today - Who has been accepted to Mary Baldwin and plans on attending? We were all a bit confused about whether they have already filled their class due to this being their second year of interviews.  I loved the program! But if there are very few spots left, I guess my chances are slim. Input?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived