Is there any online reference other than Up To Date?

I am looking for an online reference other than Up To Date. Webmd is typically advertising or designed for patients, emedicine is usually advertisements for medication, mobile devices, or websites telling me how to find a provider in my area.

Up To Date is 2.5 times my annual CME allowance, which is something I am trying to save for use to cover renewal of DEA, DPS, state licensing, etc...

Our computer system at work is so slow, that finding the most recent data for something like MRSA might take 15-20 minutes while the patient waits. It's a minute or two to get google up and running, another to get search results, then a minute per page to open and close if you get a page that says it's current information, but really an advertisement for a home remedy for MRSA. The other night I had a patient with an acute asthma attack (3rd this year) and after treatment I wanted to provide her information on asthma staging so she could better manage her disease and know that a rescue inhaler isn't the only treatment available; it took over 30 minutes because I kept getting advertisements for asthma medication and providers in my area, there wasn't anything I could find online, so I had to type her a chart out of an old textbook. It's quite frustrating to say the least.

Any help would be appreciated.

John

+1 on medscape as a free reference. Also download it on your Android or iphoney ahem i mean iphone...lol

Prescriber's letter is also very good but costs a couple hundred bucks. My SP has an account so i use it often. Most recently to treat an infestation of Blastocystis Hominis and endolimax nana on a chronic diarrhea patient this past week. Flagyl and Paromomycin TID x 10 days BTW is the current appropriate therapy.:=D:

http://www.medscape.com/public/mobileapp?src=google&ef_id=O4xP2CiDuD0AAEVE:20120701030635:s

http://prescribersletter.therapeuticresearch.com/home.aspx?cs=&s=PRL&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Isn't that the "emedicine" site that you were referring to in your original post?

They are run by the same company (and I think they are both owned by WebMD) but Medscape is designed for providers (and peer reviewed) and eMedicine is designed for patients. Many Medscape articles have links to suggested eMedicine articles for patient education and reference.

They are run by the same company (and I think they are both owned by WebMD) but Medscape is designed for providers (and peer reviewed) and eMedicine is designed for patients. Many Medscape articles have links to suggested eMedicine articles for patient education and reference.

I think that both Medscape and Emedicine are geared towards professionals. emedicine is peer reviewed, and regularly reviewed and updated- very similar to uptodate. Medscape provides a lot of current articles/cmes.

WebMD is the consumer site.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived