Any Word from Campbell?

• 2 weeks later...

There were 2 interview sessions the day I went (which I didn't know until I got there) - a morning one (9a to ~1pm), and an afternoon one (12p to ~4). In the beginning they gave us a packet with handouts and a complete schedule of the morning or afternoon. The morning session ended and afternoon session started with a Q&A with the students (no faculty in the room) and then we were broken up into smaller groups for a tour of the building. We went back to the lecture room where the faculty joined us, introduced themselves, and talked about the didactic and clinical year of the program and a little bit about financial aid. We had a 10 minute break and then interviews began - a faculty & community PA interviewing you at the same time, which lasted about 20-30 minutes. They asked me the general/basic questions (why PA/not MD? why campbell?, etc). Not sure how other interviewees' time went, but I felt relaxed because the PAs bounced off each other's thoughts/ideas and it felt more like a conversation instead of an interview. I felt like I was laughing and smiling the whole time (I know I made them laugh a couple of times, so that helped me feel calm). After interviews, we went for a tour of part of the campus - especially the library (so wear comfortable shoes!).

Like everyone's saying, be yourself, relax, and stay positive/smiling (the faculty and staff are so friendly and welcoming). Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived