0 topics in this forum

There are no topics in this forum yet

• Agreed, but my point was that the salary discrepancy between the OP's position at 84k and the 130k one is that it wasn't vastly different once broken down into relevant terms and hourly rate. 
    • The MMI is not like the traditional MMI. It is timed but I believe the format (and even some of the questions) are completely different. I studied mmi Q's before my interview and I think I wasted my time a little lol. It was very laid back and more like a discussion since you are doing it with another interviewee. Think of it like a debate or a conversation you would have with a friend. You will be able to feed off each other's answers. They just want to know how you think about certain things. That will help then get to know you as aperson, which i believe is their goal for the whole interview. Just be relaxed & yourself during it, and you will be fine. I will say you should go over your answers for ethical questions; that might help. Good luck! 
    • It is too complicated to try and to explain. I was heavily recruited by a hospital CEO and Medical Director. I went in under the pretense that the medical director (a decent man) was going to be my SP. I made many trips to the area, asked all the right questions and was lied to each time. It was a plan all along to create a fake Rural Health Clinic (which required a PA). After I signed the contract, and after I moved my family to the area, they then informed me that Dr. X would be my SP, the one who hated PAs but loved Rural Health Care money. In the end, we went to court as I sued them. They settled out of court.
    • A few things I was taught during my recent internal medicine rotation w/ hospitalists: 1. Always check SPEP/UPEP in patients w/ anemia + renal insufficiency. Multiple myeloma until proven otherwise.  2. If your patient is seizing and you can't figure out why, check a phosphorus level.  3. The degree of D-dimer elevation does not directly correlate with the likelihood of PE/DVT.  4. Prothrombin time is the best measure of acute liver function.  5. The presence of dysuria + urinary frequency (in the absence of fever, flank pain, pregnancy, and vaginal bleeding/discharge) is more sensitive & specific for uncomplicated UTI than a urinalysis due to high rates of contamination. 
    • So a "very sick" 58 yo male with "hepatitis" per one of the Health Aides in the village was seen by me and I just couldn't make sense out of his HPI or PMHx. Took him into our "ER"  HR 108 B/P 98/54 deteriorating mental status w/ exam nonfocal  with worsening MS. Two large bore lines were  started with serial boluses totaling 2 ltrs w/o any improvement in VS or MS. Random FS glucose 146 and Hgb 2.8. BTW we can't do much more labs except a UA out in the village.  Pt became combative requiring 3 mg IV Ativan  to sedated him which allowed for DRE revealing charcoal gray grossly heme positive stool!Case was D/W referral ED 80 miles away by air requested air ambulance........Well 45 minutes & 4 liters of IVF later pt was loaded onto the a/c for transfer. No we don't not have B/P support meds stocked!!! Upon arrival @ the ED his Hct was 8.5% Hgb 2.8 !!! He spent 3 days in the hospital and was transfused up to a Hct of 26% and per the physician"wanted to go home" and was d/c'ed back to the village on day #3. No he wasn't scoped from above or below!!!! Of course he was the last patient of the day and had been "sick" for  5 days before his wife who couldn't contribute to the H&P efforts decided he should be seen! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr