Washington, DC

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Hey Natalie, Just read your post. Don't be too discouraged. I was accepted to South University this year but was previously rejected in the past at other schools. I think your new job as a Medical Assistant is a great start, having a year of that work under your belt will only benefit you. I don't believe you need too many more shadowing hours. Maybe another 15 or so over the course of the year. One thing I would recommend is to take some science classes over again or potentially take new ones that will help your prepare for the PA school curriculum. Even taking 1 class a semester over Spring, Fall, and Summer could be enough to raise your GPA. Some schools look at your most recent grades and if you can prove your ability to get good grades in the recent classes some programs will overlook the lower overall GPA. Also, don't know how your personal statement looked, but that's going to be a huge part of getting an interview. If you haven't yet done so, look into this book ... https://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/how-to-write-your-physician-assistant-personal-statement-stephen-pasquini-pa-c/1122653318/2672542080819?st=PLA&sid=BNB_DRS_Marketplace+Shopping+greatbookprices_00000000&2sid=Google_&sourceId=PLGoP24104 It helped me immensely in writing a personal statement as my initial one was garbage to be honest!  Hope some of this helps, best of luck and keep up the good work!
    • Yes, in Nevada as well as Idaho I have had both a pharmacy license and medical license...and Nevada still has an MD and DO board so depending on what your supervising physician is you have to license with that board!
    • They did not say when interviews will be sent out. But I am thinking soon.
    • Interesting. So a prescriber's license is something separate from your state license? Learn something new every day.
    • Some state pharmacy boards require DEA registration before they will give you a prescribers license, Nevada being one of them.