• 0 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 5 replies
    • 1 reply

• It does but Abrams derailed it IMO.

The new Picard series that was announced sounds intriguing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Mike- welcome to the forum. We have a few regular NP contributors here who bring an important viewpoint to our discussions. Trust me that there are both RN and NP PA haters out there, I have unfortunately worked with many and was forced out of a job(along with several other PAs) when the RNs conspired against all the PAs in the dept by refusing any PA order without md realtime cosignature so that the dept would hire a bunch of their new grad np friends. PAs and NPs should support each other, but at the same time I think it is ok to point out flaws in both educational systems. If you look at the Yale online PA subforum here you will see many of us fighting against the model of online PA education as we believe it dilutes the educational experience. On the issue of independence, I don't think any PA or NP is ready for solo coverage right out of school. I would be in favor of mandatory internships for both or a requirement of X years OJT in one specialty before independent practice.
    • Hi everyone! I received my first interview invitation for Pace on 9/21. I'm super excited! I'm just wondering if anyone that got an invitation in the last few days were able to make a reservation? It seems that they are all full. I called the number given on the email but I was unable to reach them. If anyone called earlier and could notify me anything that was said about the reservations it'll be super helpful!
    • Caught this thread from an NP forum.  Short background, I had 25 years experience as an RN, went back to school for NP, it was pretty easy.  It seemed to me that the school was really trying to push me through.  Thankfully my extensive broad experience as an RN help acclimate to NP.  But, my first couple of years was a little rocky to be sure.  Currently I work in a managed care setting with several PA's who do seem to be a little uncomfortable around NP's.  I'm the life of the party kind of guy so they get along with me very well.   That being said, there are so many things wrong with the system it's hard to say where to start.  For me the job of a provider is so easy, I wish I would have been mature enough earlier in life to just get an MD.  My feeling is that MD's (I know A Lot) are well aware of the cash cow they have given there profession, and they are rabid to protect it.  With the push for more providers, having less restrictions, to provide increase access to care, it makes sense to have PA/NP become independent to MD; as we see in many states already with NP's.   Is there any possibility for PA's to have the same independence?  How, considering it's the rabid medical boards protecting their cash cow, and they license PA's.  I wish there was a way that PA's could become independent at the rate NP's are.  The PA's I work with are just awesome providers.   I've precepted several NP students and can't believe the lack of basic medical knowledge.  It's hard to believe that we (NP) can start working as a provider straight out of school.  I was scared to death but luckily didn't have any problems.   The reality is NP's are here to stay, we should find a way to get along.  I don't know any NP's who don't like PA's, so to trash talk each profession just doesn't look good as others have said.  Taking care of people is such an awesome responsibility, we need to take it seriously and lift each other up, not tear down.   Everyone stay well, and encourage someone today.  

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More