3. 2013-2014 App Cycle

• 2 replies
  4. butler interview

• 14 replies
  5. Where to live?

• 0 replies
    • 29 replies
    • 7 replies

• Haha! Ayyy it’s ok! If it makes you feel any better, I had to pay an arm and a leg to redirect my flight lol and I’m from FL! 🤣 I will DM you!
    • "Best" is pretty subjective. Could you clarify on the things you're looking for?   Best is very subjective, I agree but that's why I want to know everyone's opinion to formulate my own opinion overall 🙂 Things that I am looking for: overall impression of didactic and clinical phase, unique resources/facilities that the locations, overall impression of the school, flexibility of the clinical and distance from the school, standard of living within the region, relationship with faculty and other students.   Essentially pro/con of the schools.
    • Undergrad: UC Berkeley Major: Anthro / IB Cumulative Undergrad. GPA: 3.8 Science Undergrad. GPA: 3.75 Age at application time: 25 GRE: Did not take Direct Patient Care: 4790 hours - cardiovascular ICU tech (BLS/NIHS/ ECG certifications) Volunteer/Leadership:      220 hours- President of Pre-Health club  (3 years)  12 hours - Incident commander  100 hours - Foster a Dream volunteer 200 hours - Mentor 30 hours - Marathons for a cause  Research: 0 Teaching Experience: ~ 130 hours as a  volunteer tutor for biology/anatomy/physiology/ micro Shadowing: 168hours (~100 hours PA (CT/EM/Ortho/Neuro) ~8 hours Cardiologist, 50 hours Cardiac Surgeons, 10 hours ICU Nursing  Organizations: American Medical Student Association (AMSA) -4 years  Letters of Rec: 4 - 1 Charge nurse, 1 RN, 1 M.D., 1 CT PA.  Schools Applied: 6 : SMU, CSUMB, Touro ca, WesternU, MBKU, Dominican ca.  Application Submitted Date: August 31 (Very late ! Lol )  Withdrew: WesternU Interview Invites:  Denied: - CSUMB (less than 12 hours after submitting rejected since I didn’t meet the requirement of volunteering underserved communities for min. 500 hours)  Rejected: will update Waitlisted:  Accepted:  Attending: Attempt: 1st This is my test run, I didn’t have a chance to take the GRE this year so it limited my already limited selection greatly. Also applying late was not the best choice but life happens 😅. 
    • Listen,  GIven I am flying in from central america, I had to keep the costs down, staying at a Motel 6 LOOOL. Gets the job done. hahaha. I guess just PM me your number and we move on from there.  Regards 😄
    • That would be great! I’m staying at the Courtyard Marriott hotel in Altoona! Where are you staying? If you don’t mind my asking!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More