Jump to content
* Required Information
Between 3 and 26 characters
Between 3 and 32 characters
Send me news and information
Welcome to PhysicianAssistantForum.Com! The following constitutes that which users agree to upon registration with the website.
1. The following GTC (General Terms and Conditions) govern the contractual relationship between the provider of PhysicianAssistantForum.Com (hereinafter referred to as provider), and the commercial user (group) respectively the private user (member). Groups and members will hereinafter be referred to as users.
2. With the completion of the registration process for the Physician Assistant Forum, the user is making an offer for the conclusion of a license agreement based on these GTC. Upon the activation of the account by the provider, the latter is accepting said offer for the conclusion of a license agreement.
3. In cases where doubts exist, conditions of the user which contradict these GTC shall only be recognized through the express written confirmation of the provider.
4. The provider is entitled to change and adapt these conditions throughout the course of a membership. The provider shall notify the user in text format of any changes to the conditions and shall make him or her aware of the new regulations and of their right to object. The provider shall also give the user an appropriate period of two weeks in which to declare if they accept the changed conditions of use for the further utilization of the services offered by the provider. If no statement is made within this period, the altered conditions shall be deemed to have been accepted. The provider shall make the user expressly aware of this legal effect at the beginning of the period in question. If the user disagrees with the changes to these conditions, the provider is entitled to terminate without notice the licence agreement at the point in time when the conditions of use come into effect for the other users.
Subject of the Licence Agreement
1. The subject of the license agreement is the provision of the PA Forum site PhysicianAssistantForum.Com by the provider, which can be accessed from anywhere in the world.
2. The provider shall supply the user with the following usage options:Creation of an individual profile on the user, which is open not only to other registered users but also to all internet users and which can be found using search engines.Participation in and utilization of community group functions (i.e., group forums)Making contact with other users and administration of the contact dataAcknowledgement and rejection of contact requests from other usersReceive and send messages from and to other usersPerform a search request for other users and for profile dataMake entries in the user forums on the topics providedPost comments in ForumsParticipation in formalized chat sessionsUtilization of other website tools as determined by provider (Accessibility determined by provider)
3. The specific graphic and functional arrangement of the usage options covered by the contract, the extension of said usage options with extra features or their supplementation with additional services that would be subject to a charge are at the provider’s discretion. While obliged to maintain the usage options covered by the contract, the provider is entitled to modify and adapt their specific arrangement at any time.
4. The PA Forum shall be available to the user for at least 95% of the time over the course of a year for yearly membership and 30 days for monthly membership. Owing to technical factors, 100% availability cannot be achieved. With the conclusion of the license agreement, the user recognizes this fact. Unavoidable, unpredicted and extraordinary events which could lead to the PA Forum not being available, such as power outages, hacking attacks or breakdowns in the telecommunication lines at the point of transmission to the internet, are not allowed for in the minimum availability specified.
5. Using the content provided on the PA Forum outside of said PA Forum requires the prior written approval of the provider.
6. Users who have formed groups can decide freely at all times whether to accept or refuse individual users into their groups. The user does not have any right to be accepted into a group.
Registration, Account, Dealing with Passwords
1. Only natural persons or legal entities can register to use the PA Forum. A legal entity can only be registered by a person authorized to represent said entity. Users registering must be at least 18 years of age.
2. The user is obliged to provide truthful and complete information on himself or herself and to keep their data up to date as per the provisions of the registration form. The use of pseudonyms and aliases is not permitted except when choosing a user name. In order to enhance the community experience and facilitate improved communication amongst users, a naming convention may be applied for each user’s public profile name, which will be determined by the following pattern: first name or username followed by description for community.
3. Furthermore, the user is obliged to only use photos or images for his or her profile photo which do not violate the rights of any third parties.
4. The user is obliged to keep his or her password secret, to store it safely and not to allow third parties access to it. If the password becomes known to a third party, the user must immediately inform the provider of this either by e-mail or in writing so that the old password can be disabled and a new one issued.
5. The user is not entitled to make his account available to third parties. The user is aware that he or she shall be held fully responsible for the actions of a third party to whom they make their account available. EXCEPTION: Professional Health Professions Advisors (HPAs) may not share their username and password. However, they are permitted to allow students they advise to use their account, through internet connectivity available in the advising center or office in which they are employed, to utilize the website and its available features, including Supporter level functions.
6. A user may only register once and may only create one user profile. The provider does not assume any liability for the real identity of individual users. This means that every user must determine for themselves the real identity of other users. For technical reasons, it is not possible for the provider to verify with 100% accuracy the real identity of the registered users of the PA Forum.
7. Registration by the user constitutes an agreement to receive email notifications and or newsletters from the provider.
General Obligations of the User
1. The user may only avail of the usage options made available by the provider within the context of the contractually specified purposes. The user is prohibited from any misuse of these usage options beyond the purposes specified. In particular, such misuses may include:Systematically selecting contact data of other users and members for the purposes of passing them on to third parties;Unreasonable harassment of other users or members, natural persons or legal entities through aggressive, obscene, insulting, slanderous or intrusive content;Offers and posts containing content which is sexual or pornographic in nature;Harassment of other users through the sending of unsolicited advertisingThe use of PhysicianAssistantForum.Com as a platform to advertise the selling of products or services without the express written consent of the providerLarge-scale or ongoing use of the PA Forum for the publication and dissemination of offers which are not in keeping materially with the purpose or subject of the PA Forum and which could impact upon the PA Forum’s attractiveness for other users and members;Any actions which could lead to excessive system overloads or to system disturbances;The use of third-party identities for registration, publishing content or sending messages.
2. Each of the aforementioned breaches of duty entitles the provider to terminate the licence agreement without notice and to close the account. In addition, the provider is entitled to refuse the activation of a new account for the user in question for the duration of one year from the date of termination.
3. All remarks and comments made must comply with the rules on polite and respectful behavior among users and members. Criticisms and expressions of opinion should be constructive in nature.
4. Users agree not to violate any laws of their country
Obligations of the User in Terms of Content Posted
1. When placing content (text, images, photos, videos, names and the like), the user must ensure that he or she is not violating the rights of any third parties (e.g. copyrights, patent and trademark rights, design rights, utility patent rights, personal rights, rights relating to one’s own image, rights relating to anti-competitive behaviour).
2. The user bears sole responsibility for the content he or she posts on the PA Forum.
3. The user shall exempt the provider from all claims from third parties, which the latter may assert in relation to a violation of rights committed by the user and which the user is responsible for. In this respect, the user shall assume all the necessary costs of his or her legal defense.
4. The provider is entitled to delete, disable, or modify content placed by the user if this content infringes upon the rights of third parties, if third parties make claims regarding a violation of their rights, the justification of which cannot be immediately dismissed, or if the content violates these GTC or any legal provisions in place. The provider is entitled to modify content in the form of including links for the use of third-party advertising companies.
5. If the provider receives notice of a possible rights violation based on the content published by the user, it shall inform the user of this immediately in writing.
6. Content published by the user has to be published in English. Other languages are not allowed. If the user is publishing content in a language other than English, the user will be informed by mail to change the content into English within 48 hours. Otherwise the content will be deleted by the provider.
Making Adjustments to Services, New Services and Changes to existing Services
The provider reserves the right to make adjustments to services offered on the PA Forum, to offer new services and to change existing services.
Termination, Closure and Deletion of the Account
1. The user is entitled to terminate without notice the license agreement with the provider at any time. The termination must be made in writing or it can be declared by implication through the deactivation of the account. In the event of such a termination, the profile of the user will be deleted. Content published by him or her on the PA Forum may be deleted and is at the sole discretion of the provider. In the event the user terminates the license agreement, he or she will not be entitled to a refund of any monies transferred in order to obtain additional website privileges and functions.
2. The provider is entitled to terminate the license agreement with a notice period of two weeks.
3. Along with a termination with notice, the provider is also entitled to terminate the license agreement without any notice period, if there is a good reason for doing so. In particular, such a good reason might be if the user:Consistently fails to meet his or her contractual obligationsCulpably violates legal provisions when using the PA Forum
In addition, the provider is entitled to delete the account and to refuse to set up a new account for the user in question for the duration of one year from the date of termination.
4. The provider shall exercise its right to an ordinary termination and to the deletion of the account if the user has not logged in for more than six months and if the user fails to respond within two weeks by e-mail to a subsequent reminder message sent to him or her.
5. Supporter level subscriptions are facilitated through authorized online retailers of goods and services (e.g., Paypal). For the convenience of the user, subscription payments are structured to renew automatically. The responsibility of terminating payment through these service vendors lies solely with the user and is accomplished through the account established by the user with the service vendor or through a termination link made available in the members area, not through the voluntary deactivation of one’s account.
Responsibility for Contents posted by the User
The provider does not bear any responsibility for the data or content placed on the PA Forum by the user or for the data or content of websites, which the user provides links to from the PA Forum.
Rights to Contents posted
Using, publishing or reproducing the PA Forum content in either electronic or print media is prohibited unless authorized by the provider. Express written consent is required.
Use of Third-Party Advertising Companies
We respect your privacy! Submitting your personal information via any forms found on this website will only result in use of that information for the purposes described therein. Rest assured that we will not sell your personal information to any vendors for any reason. We do use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please click here.
1. The contract and any changes to it must be set out in writing. There are no side agreements.
2. If any provision within these GTC should become invalid, this does not affect the validity of the remainder of the GTC.
End of General Terms and Conditions
Community Forum Software by IP.Board 3.4.9Licensed to: PA Forum