Looking for info on the UC-Davis Program

The site says they will have information up for the updated PA program by the time CASPA opened, however it's been 2 weeks and I still can't find anything. Am I missing something? Can anyone point me to where I need to look to get info? Thanks!

The site says they will have information up for the updated PA program by the time CASPA opened, however it's been 2 weeks and I still can't find anything. Am I missing something? Can anyone point me to where I need to look to get info? Thanks!

Hi nebaker: I was recently accepted into UCD's program and will be starting next month. I understand your frustration completely. Those of us that are starting next month are in the same situation, with very little guidance as to how the program will actually be operating. We do know:

1. The first year will be didactic intensive, and on campus in Sacramento (3-5 days per week). This is unlike previous classes where a large portion of year 1 was preceptorships that you could do in your hometown, and only commute a week or so per month.

2. Tuition will be approximately ~31K per year, as that is in line with the current Masters Degree for the School of Nursing, who we now fall under. We are waiting for final approval so we know how much it will cost us.

3. A graduate thesis will be required in order to earn the Masters Degree. I know some programs out there do not require a thesis for PA students, but Davis does.

Other than that...we are all waiting to see something on the website or get an e-mail. Hope this helps a little bit.

Hi nebaker: I was recently accepted into UCD's program and will be starting next month. I understand your frustration completely. Those of us that are starting next month are in the same situation, with very little guidance as to how the program will actually be operating. We do know:

1. The first year will be didactic intensive, and on campus in Sacramento (3-5 days per week). This is unlike previous classes where a large portion of year 1 was preceptorships that you could do in your hometown, and only commute a week or so per month.

2. Tuition will be approximately ~31K per year, as that is in line with the current Masters Degree for the School of Nursing, who we now fall under. We are waiting for final approval so we know how much it will cost us.

3. A graduate thesis will be required in order to earn the Masters Degree. I know some programs out there do not require a thesis for PA students, but Davis does.

Other than that...we are all waiting to see something on the website or get an e-mail. Hope this helps a little bit.

Archived