Real email address for Davis?

I will be starting this June and I can tell you that as the program is being remodeled, their response times are not so great. No matter what address you have, expect delays. I do have a personal address, but do not feel comfortable sharing as I believe it is meant for current students. I would call and ask what the best way to contact them is.

I will be starting this June and I can tell you that as the program is being remodeled, their response times are not so great. No matter what address you have, expect delays. I do have a personal address, but do not feel comfortable sharing as I believe it is meant for current students. I would call and ask what the best way to contact them is.

Turns out they haven't responded to messages as far back as March 2012 (I hadn't realized until I did a search in my email account that I had been attempting this long).

Are you generally happy with the organization, professionalism, and support you get from the program? I have concerns they've lost focus.

Turns out they haven't responded to messages as far back as March 2012 (I hadn't realized until I did a search in my email account that I had been attempting this long).

Are you generally happy with the organization, professionalism, and support you get from the program? I have concerns they've lost focus.

Davis was my #1 pick during interviews. The program has recently been moved to be under the School of Nursing with close partnership with the school of medicine. At first, I was apprehensive of this fact, however the SON recently received a $100M donation and really revved up their facilities, program and technology. This means greater resources for us. The program has transferred over to the Master's program from certificate. While I agree that it is unorganized during this time, I understand that UCD had to do this. It will also make me a more competitive PA in the future for jobs. I do not believe they've lost focus, they are still following all protocol from ARC-PA and have a phenomenal PANCE passing rate. This means (to me) that despite the disarray currently, the "transition students" are still getting the quality of education they need to do well on the boards and graduate. That is the number 1 priority to the faculty. I've also heard that as they transition to a Master's, higher education professors will be teaching, including (not limited to) MD's, DO's, Phd's, PA's and DNP's. The staff has also done themselves a huge favor by cutting the next two class is in HALF (c/o 2015 and 2016). Meaning only 30-35 students will matriculate instead of their usual 60-80. This will cut down on frustrated disorganization as the program is being remodeled. Despite the lack or organization and information currently, UCD is still one of the best programs in CA and recognized nationwide for their quality of PA's/NP's and I am quite excited to begin in June.

Davis was my #1 pick during interviews. The program has recently been moved to be under the School of Nursing with close partnership with the school of medicine. At first, I was apprehensive of this fact, however the SON recently received a $100M donation and really revved up their facilities, program and technology. This means greater resources for us. The program has transferred over to the Master's program from certificate. While I agree that it is unorganized during this time, I understand that UCD had to do this. It will also make me a more competitive PA in the future for jobs. I do not believe they've lost focus, they are still following all protocol from ARC-PA and have a phenomenal PANCE passing rate. This means (to me) that despite the disarray currently, the "transition students" are still getting the quality of education they need to do well on the boards and graduate. That is the number 1 priority to the faculty. I've also heard that as they transition to a Master's, higher education professors will be teaching, including (not limited to) MD's, DO's, Phd's, PA's and DNP's. The staff has also done themselves a huge favor by cutting the next two class is in HALF (c/o 2015 and 2016). Meaning only 30-35 students will matriculate instead of their usual 60-80. This will cut down on frustrated disorganization as the program is being remodeled. Despite the lack or organization and information currently, UCD is still one of the best programs in CA and recognized nationwide for their quality of PA's/NP's and I am quite excited to begin in June.

Let me chime in and add my .02 cents. I am a current first year student who is in the first class that has undergone the new changes (on-campus, non-distance learning, traditional 1 year didactic, 1 year clinical). From my perspective and the perspective of my class, we have gone through A LOT of obstacles and changes for the coming classes, probably to the point where most people could lose faith in the program. This doesn't mean there aren't going to be anymore challenges, but I will say it's pretty set compared to what we had. I will tell you though that the faculty genuinely care about the success of the program and their students. They keep track of your progress and pick up the students who may be struggling (whether in the educationally or personally). They also heavily looked to our feedback to sculpt the curriculum to try and help accommodate student needs. Right now is a very busy time for the program as the second years are graduating in the next couple months, while at the same time organizing rotations for us which start the first week in August. Moving over to the Betty Irene School of Nursing is actually a very good thing for us. Being in the School of Medicine, we were always put as last priority for resources, which added another challenge to the program faculty. As Tall_Scrubs stated, the class sizes has decreased for the transition, but its to your advantage as you can get closer with your classmates and faculty. A lot of frustration has come about this year, but I still consider the education I received here as the highest I've ever received.

Let me chime in and add my .02 cents. I am a current first year student who is in the first class that has undergone the new changes (on-campus, non-distance learning, traditional 1 year didactic, 1 year clinical). From my perspective and the perspective of my class, we have gone through A LOT of obstacles and changes for the coming classes, probably to the point where most people could lose faith in the program. This doesn't mean there aren't going to be anymore challenges, but I will say it's pretty set compared to what we had. I will tell you though that the faculty genuinely care about the success of the program and their students. They keep track of your progress and pick up the students who may be struggling (whether in the educationally or personally). They also heavily looked to our feedback to sculpt the curriculum to try and help accommodate student needs. Right now is a very busy time for the program as the second years are graduating in the next couple months, while at the same time organizing rotations for us which start the first week in August. Moving over to the Betty Irene School of Nursing is actually a very good thing for us. Being in the School of Medicine, we were always put as last priority for resources, which added another challenge to the program faculty. As Tall_Scrubs stated, the class sizes has decreased for the transition, but its to your advantage as you can get closer with your classmates and faculty. A lot of frustration has come about this year, but I still consider the education I received here as the highest I've ever received.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you both for your feedback. It's great to know that while the current students can feel the impact of the changes, the school is still offering high quality education. I feel less worried about their current lack of organization on their website.

• 1 month later...
Even after submitting my CASPA this cycle, I haven't received any emails from them. Everyone else sent a confirmation email.

I was wondering the same thing, because I haven't heard PEEP from them, not even you've applied or you've been rejected or whatever.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived